Patient Safety and Technology
- Product Index. // Hearing Review;Summer2012, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p63
A product index for the 2012 issue of "The Hearing Review" is presented.
- May is better hearing month; focus on your hearing health. FERNANDEZ, BETH // South County Journal;5/1/2013, Vol. 48 Issue 18, pB2
In this article, the author offers information on the problem of hearing loss in the U.S. and suggests several hearing tests and hearing aids that can help one in taking care of his or her hearing sense.
- MAKE "LOOK, LISTEN, EVALUATE, AND SOLVE" YOUR STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE. Martin, Bob // Canadian Hearing Report;2014, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p4
The article offers step-by-step instructions for evaluating a patient's ear, hearing aid, and hearing in order to solve the issues the patient has.
- Changes in Hearing-Aid Benefit Following 1 or 2 Years of Hearing-Aid Use by Older Adults. Humes, Larry E.; Wilson, Dana L.; Barlow, Nancy N.; Garner, Carolyn // Journal of Speech, Language & Hearing Research;Aug2002, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p772
This study reports the results of a large number of hearing-aid benefit measures obtained from 134 elderly hearing-aid wearers during the first year of hearing-aid usage. Benefit measures were obtained after 1 month, 6 months, and 1 year of hearing-aid use by all participants. In addition,...
- 1 in 6 U.S. Adults Reports Trouble Hearing. // ASHA Leader;Nov2015, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p8
The article reports that one in six U.S. adults ages 18 and older reports trouble hearing without a hearing aid, according to a survey from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Highlights include percentage of men aged 70 and older who had trouble hearing without a hearing aid,...
- Product news. // Hearing Instruments;Feb95, p9
Features products related to the treatment of hearing disorders. Includes Argosy Electronics' Cameo compression circuit; E-A-R Express pod plugs; Better Hearing Institute's `A Guide to Your Child's Hearing' booklet.
- HEARING AIDS. Corrado, Oliver J. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/2/1988, Vol. 296 Issue 6614, p33
Examines the benefits of hearing aids for persons with impaired hearing. Indications for the use of hearing aids; Classification of hearing aids; Considerations in the care of hearing aids.
- How Do I Adjust Hearing Aids for Own Voice Complaints? Nielsen, Søren // Audiology Online;Aug2014, p1
The article presents an answer to the question of making adjustments to hearing instruments for own voice complaints.
- Seen & Heard. // Hearing Loss Magazine;May/Jun2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p35
The article presents an interview with Eloise Schwarz, a resident of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin who discusses her experience of dealing with hearing loss, hobbies, and ambition.