Completeness of hepatitis, brucellosis, syphilis, measles and HIV/AIDS surveillance in Izmir, Turkey
- Occurrence of Acute Hepatitis A in Patients Infected with Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Fonquernie, L.; Meynard, J. L.; Meyohas, M. C.; Frottier, J.; Charrois, A.; Delamare, C. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;1/15/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p297
Focuses on a study which examined the prevalence of acute hepatitis A in HIV-infected patients. Description of the subjects of the study; Diagnosis of hepatitis A; Risk factors of hepatitis A.
- Impact of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection on the progression of liver fibrosis in hepatitis C virus infected patients. Mohsen, A.H.; Easterbrook, P.J.; Taylor, C.; Portmann, B.; Kulasegaram, R.; Murad, S.; Wiselka, M.; Norris, S. // Gut;Jul2003, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p1035
Objectives: To compare the rate of hepatic fibrosis progression in hepatitis C virus (HCV) infected and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-HCV coinfected patients, and to identify factors that may influence fibrosis progression. Patients and methods: A total of 153 HCV infected and 55 HCV-HIV...
- Progression of Chronic Hepatitis C to Liver Fibrosis and Cirrhosis in Patients Coinfected with Hepatitis C Virus and Human Immunodeficiency Virus. Martinez-Sierra, Carmen; Arizcorreta, Ana; Díaz, Fernando; Roldán, Rafael; Martín-Herrera, Leopoldo; Pérez-Guzmán, Eugenio; Girón-González, José A. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;2/15/2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p491
To evaluate the factors associated with the evolution of chronic hepatitis C in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients, a cross-sectional analysis of 41 HIV-infected patients with chronic hepatitis C (known as "HIV-HCV [hepatitis C virus]-coinfected patients") and a control group...
- Deaths from hepatitis C overtake deaths from HIV in the US. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;3/3/2012, Vol. 344 Issue 7846, p12
The article reports that there are more individuals who died from hepatitis C (15, 106) in the U.S. in 2007 than those who died from HIV (12, 734) based on the analysis of U.S. death certificates.
- Lamivudine/abacavir. // Reactions Weekly;Nov2014, Vol. 1527 Issue 1, p132
The article presents the case of a 57-year-old man, who developed HIV encephalopathy due to the development of lamivudine/abacavir resistance while getting treatment for HIV infection.
- Understanding Hepatitis and HIV Co-Infection. Anderson, Tomika // Washington Informer;9/15/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 97, p20
The article discusses the co-infection of hepatitis and HIV.
- GADVASU gets international patent for diagnostic test. // BioSpectrum;Jun2013, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p84
The article reports that Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University's (GADVASU) South African patent on the diagnosis of infectious diseases such as brucellosis, salmonellosis, and HIV infection, was granted.
- A survey of community pharmacists on prevention of HIV and hepatitis B and C: current practice and attitudes in Grampian. L. Watson; C. Bond; C. Gault // Journal of Public Health Medicine;Mar2003, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p13
Background Prevention of infection with the blood-borne pathogens (BBPs) HIV and hepatitis B and C remains a major public health challenge. The aim of this study was to assess the activity, knowledge and attitudes of community pharmacists in Grampian in prevention of HIV and hepatitis B and C....
- Evolution of Coinfection with Human Immunodeficiency Virus and Hepatitis C Virus in Patients Treated with Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy. Torre, D.; Tambini, R.; Cadario, F.; Barbarini, G.; Moroni, M.; Basilico, C. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;11/1/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p1579
Focuses on a study which examined patients coinfected with HIV and hepatitis C virus (HCV) who were treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in Italy. Characteristics of the study population; Survival rate of patients coinfected with HIV and HCV; Evolution of HCV genotypes and disease.