Perceived connections between information and communication technology use and mental symptoms among young adults - a qualitative study
- Exploring Time Perspective in Greek Young Adults: Validation of the Zimbardo Time Perspective Inventory and Relationships with Mental Health Indicators. Anagnostopoulos, Fotios; Griva, Fay // Social Indicators Research;Mar2012, Vol. 106 Issue 1, p41
In this article we examine the factorial structure of the Greek version of the Zimbardo Time Perspective Inventory (ZTPI; Zimbardo and Boyd in J Personal Soc Psychol 77:1271-1288, ), in a sample of 337 university students, using principal axis factoring (PAF) with oblique rotation, and its...
- SAÄžLIK YÃœKSEKOKULU VE TEKNÄ°K EÄžÄ°TÄ°M FAKÃœLTESÄ° ÄžRENCÄ°LERÄ°NDE GÃ–RÃœLEN DEPRESÄ°F BELÄ°RTÄ°LER VE BUNU ETKÄ°LEYEN FAKTÃ–RLERÄ°N Ä°NCELENMESÄ° ALPARSLAN, Neşe; YAŞAR, Msc. Sibel; DERELİ, Msc. Ebru; TURAN, Fatma Nesrin // Turkish Journal of Research & Development in Nursing;2008, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p48
Objective: This study was conducted with the aims of finding out the rate of depressive symptoms in the 2nd and 3rd year students of Health College and Technical Education Faculty at a university, and making a contrastive analysis of the affecting factors. Methods: This is a descriptive and...
- ASSOCIATIONS BETWEEN WITNESSING PARENTAL VIOLENCE AND EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION AMONG COLLEGE STUDENTS. Nicodimos, Semret; Gelaye, Bizu S.; Williams, Michelle A.; Berhane, Yemane // East African Journal of Public Health;Aug2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p184
Objective: To examine the association between witnessing parental violence in childhood and experience of depressive symptoms during the academic year among college students in Awassa, Ethiopia. Methods: A total of 2,708 undergraduate students (1,330 female and 1,378 male) completed a...
- College depression: Causes, duration, and coping. Oswalt, Robert; Finkelberg, Sarah // Psychological Reports;Dec95 Part 1, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p858
Reports on a study on college depression. Analysis of responses of a random college sample; Percentage of the sample who considered they were or had been depressed at college; Reasons for depression; Treatment provided by a college.
- Depression in Nigerian and American students. Lester, David; Akande, Adebowale // Psychological Reports;Jun95, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p906
Studies depression among college students in Nigeria and United States. Use of the Beck Depression Inventory; Lack of a clear general pattern of differences on the responses.
- Is depression contagious? // Health (Time Inc. Health);May/Jun96, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p45
Reports on a study which found that college students with depressed dorm partners where 15 percent more likely to suffer depression themselves.
- College Health 101: How to stay healthy on campus. Johnson, Teddi Dineley // Nation's Health;Sep2008, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p17
The article presents information on how college students can stay healthy on campus. According to data from the American College Health Association, the top five threats to academic performance are: stress; a cold, flu or sore throat; sleep difficulties; concerns for friends or family; and...
- Two-year outcome of children treated for depression. Vostanis, P.; Feehan, C.; Grattan, E. // European Child & Adolescent Psychiatry;1998, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p12
Abstract Fifty-four children and adolescents (age 8-17) were assessed two years after a clinical intervention trial of cognitive-behavioural vs. non-focused treatment for depression. Eleven (20.4%) subjects fulfilled criteria for depression, while 21 (38.9%) reported significant depressive...
- Sleep problems and depressed mood negatively impact health-related quality of life during pregnancy. Da Costa, Deborah; Dritsa, Maria; Verreault, Nancy; Balaa, Caline; Kudzman, Jennifer; Khalifé, Samir // Archives of Women's Mental Health;Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p249
The objectives of this study were to evaluate and identify determinants of health related quality of life (HRQoL) during pregnancy. Pregnant women ( n = 245) completed questionnaires measuring: HRQoL (Short Form Health Survey SF-36), life stress, social support, sleep, and depressed mood in the...