The use of conspicuity aids by cyclists and risk of crashes involving other road users: a protocol for a population based case-control study
- Overcoming Obesity. // American Bicyclist;Jan/Feb2008, p13
An interview with Bill Poindexter, a self-employed executive recruiter and business broker in Prairie Village, Kansas, is presented. He explained how biking helped him reduce weight. Weighing over 400 pounds, he revealed suffering from anxiety, high blood pressure and depression, which made him...
- Physical Activity, Aerobic Fitness, and Seven-Year Changes in Adiposity in the Canadian Population. Fortier, Michelle D.; Katzmarzyk, Peter T.; Bouchard, Claude // Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology;Oct2002, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p449
Associations among baseline physical activity, aerobic fitness, changes in physical activity, and 7-y changes in adiposity were determined. The sample consisted of 602 males and 644 females, aged 20â€“69 y, from the 1981 Canada Fitness Survey and the 1988 Campbell's Survey....
- Running start. Kyles, Kyra // Jet;1/9/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 1, p34
The article offers information on Blackgirlsrun.com, a website that allows runners to find running groups by city and aims to combat obesity in the African American community.
- A hill, an old friend, maybe just yourself...Victory. // Bicycling;Sep2002, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p76
Describes the achievements that a person can have from cycling.
- How TO... // Bicycling;Sep2002, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p100
Gives pieces of advice about bicycling.
- PEAK NOW. Yeager, Selene // Bicycling;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p94
The article discusses aerobic exercises for cyclists. INSET: FIND A CURE, BEAT FATIGUE.
- RIDE TO WORK, LIVE LONGER. // Bicycling;Oct2007, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p103
The article discusses the health benefits of cycling.
- Spinning their magic. Fetridge, Guild // Westchester County Business Journal;02/22/99, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p13
Cites health benefits of a high-intensity cycling workout called spinning. Focus on the mind-body connection; Developers of the fitness equipment; Benefits include improve lung capacity, lowering of blood pressure as well as levels of bad cholesterol while causing an increase in good cholesterol.
- The Selection. STRICKLAND, BILL // Bicycling;Sep2014, Vol. 55 Issue 8, p14
The article offers tips and bicycling technique that are covered in this issue of the journal.