- CORRECTION. // Boating World;Jun2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p19
A correction to the article "Going Green," by Clyde Ford, about boating and environmental protection in the April 2008 issue is presented.
- Blue sea, green boating. // Beautiful British Columbia;Summer2001, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p45
Features the 'Guide to Green Boating' booklet available to recreational seafarers in British Columbia. Amount hydrocarbon pollution spilled to bodies of water; Estimation on the number of boaters; Pointers for keeping the sea clean.
- BUILDING AN INTERNATIONAL SENTINEL PLANT NETWORK. Kramer, Andrea; Hird, Abby // BGjournal;Jul2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p3
The article discusses how the International Sentinel Plant Network (ISPN) will help in protecting the plant diversity around the world and reducing the impact of invasive species as of July 2011. Topics discussed include formation of the network, roles of leaders in botanic gardens in terms of...
- PREVENTING AND MANAGING PLANT INVASIONS ON OCEANIC ISLANDS. Kueffer, Christoph // BGjournal;Jul2011, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p14
The article presents measures to prevent and manage plant invasions on oceanic islands around the world. Topics discussed include roles of botanical garden leaders in educating people about invasive plants and formulating policies to prevent them, the use of native plants in restoring native...
- River Maintenance Pilot scheme launched. // WET News: Water & Effluent Treatment News;Nov2013, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p2
The article reports on the launch by the British government in 2013 of the River Maintenance Pilot (RMP) scheme with the goal of helping landowners manage the risk of flooding while also protecting the environment.
- DEVELOPING RIVER LANE AS AN ALTERNATIVE FOR WATER TOURISM DESTINATION. Hastijanti, Retno // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 931-932, p781
Surabaya, is one of the oldest cities in Indonesia. Since 1612, Surabaya has been a very busy trading center. Kalimas River, which is the river that flowing in the middle of the city of Surabaya, necessarily be a "River of Gold". It is used by traders, as a transport route for carrying goods...
- Open Trips. // Sierra;May/Jun2005, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p55
The article presents a list of certain forthcoming adventure events related to environmental protection, scheduled to be held in various parts of the United States. Some of the events included in the list are: "Birds, Wildlife and Wildflowers of Alaska, Denali and Kenai Fjords National Parks,"...
- ALASKA'S RIVERS: SOUTHCENTRAL ALASKA: CAMPBELL CREEK. // Alaska River Guide (9780882404974);1993, p210
The article provides information on Campbell Creek in Alaska. A free-flowing stream in the heart of Alaska's largest city, the creek is a resource to treasure and protect. Many Anchorage paddlers use the creek for early season paddling practice; others enjoy the quiet paddling amidst a protected...
- MEPA proposes rules for gas, diesel engines. // Traffic World;12/12/94, Vol. 240 Issue 11, p43
Reports on the first emissions standards proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency for new gasoline- and diesel-powered marine engines on all new outboard and personal watercraft engines. Provisions of the proposal.