- Pataki announces acquisition of multi-town. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/17/97, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p12
Highlights New York State Governor George Pataki's announcement on the state's agreement to purchase the final parcel of the Multi-Town site in Suffolk County for addition to the Oak Brush Plains Edgewood State Preserve. Value of site; Endangered species in the site.
- Eager players enter the market as water-wastewater pot grows. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/14/97, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p54
Reports on the growth of the global water-wastewater management industry in 1996. Locations of major projects to expand and upgrade environmental infrastructure; Comments from Camp Dresser & McKee Inc. executive vice president Richard D. Fox; Diversification of water-wastewater pioneers into...
- Mountain bike heaven at 11th annual forest bike ride. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/31/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p15
The article reports on the 11th Annual Stewart State Forest Bike Tour at Stewart Park and Reserve Coalition in 2010 in New York.
- Happy Birthday Belleayre. LeBrun, Fred // New York State Conservationist;Dec98, Vol. 53 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the ski center, Belleayre Mountain, in New York State. Construction of ski trails on the lands of the Catskill Mountains in 1949; Distinction of having the highest skiable peak in the Catskills; Status as a forest preserve ski area.
- Bear Swamp State Forest. Forness, Dave // New York State Conservationist;Dec2000, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the Bear Swamp State Forest in Central New York. Area of the state forest; Activities offered by the forest to outdoor enthusiasts; History of the human impacts on the state forest; Efforts to protect the state forest's health.
- Selecting alternatives to chlorine disinfection. Reed, Douglas // Pollution Engineering;Sep98, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p48
Offers advice on wastewater treatment alternatives and disinfection. Technologies available for wastewater treatments; Steps in chlorination; Steps in Ozonation. INSET: Weighing the pros and cons of disinfection systems.
- Reaping the Benefits of Waste Recycling. Herbst, Steve; Fitzgerald, John // Pollution Engineering;Apr2000, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p46
Explains how an evaluation of a facility's specific needs and resources can help determine the feasibility of a recycling or reuse program. Recycling technologies; Resource assessment techniques; Typical hazardous waste generated by small businesses. INSETS: Evaluating an Environmental Service...
- Performance of horizontal subsurface flow constructed wetland in the removal of tannins. Njau, K. N.; Renalda, M. // Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering;Mar2010, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p509
A horizontal subsurface flow constructed wetland (HSSFCW) was employed to remove tannins from the effluent of a tannins extracting company. Two HSSFCW cells with hydraulic retention time (HRT) of 9 d and packed with limestone were used. One cell without macrophytes was used as a control, while...
- WATCHING WASTELINES. Jarvis, Bryan // Commercial Motor;10/23/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5051, p50
Focuses on managing automotive waste disposal in Great Britain. Laws governing waste disposal; Legal guidelines on automotive oil storage; Responsibility of automotive multi-site workshop owners under the Duty of Care and the Environment Protection Act.