The not so Simple Life
- New packs for boxing clever Garlic Farm. // Grocer;7/28/2012, p34
The article offers information on the overhaul done by specialist garlic grower The Garlic Farm to the packaging of its range with the company's Fresh Solent Wight garlic bulbs coming in branded cardboard trays.
- Grown in the USA. Weaver, William Woys // Gourmet;Sep2002, Vol. 62 Issue 9, p130
Profiles garlic grower Darrell Merrell of Oklahoma. Ownership of one of the largest collections of garlic in the world; Previous professions.
- You're in garlic country. Travaillé, Margueritte // Journal of Business (10756124);Oct/Nov2004 Supp Inland NW, p58
Discusses key issues concerning growing garlic in the Inland Northwest region of the U.S. Tips on growing garlic; Recommended garlic varieties; Recipes for dishes with garlic ingredients.
- don't miss out BABY GARLIC. // Australian Table;Jul2004, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p30
Presents information on baby garlic. Description; Grower of the garlic; Ways to eat garlic; Tips on cooking baby garlic.
- The Sweet Smell of Excess. Paradis, Charles // Louisville Magazine;Sep2003, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p8
The article focuses on the Bardstown Road Farmers' Market Garlic Festival opening at 8 a.m. on September 13, 2003 in Louisville, Kentucky. For five frantic hours, don't get between a customer and his or her coveted culinary prize gung-ho garlic fans take their aromatic fascinations seriously. In...
- Keeping the garden train rolling. LeVaux, Ari // Missoula Independent;7/29/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p20
The article offers tips on how to keep the garden train rolling. It suggests that spinach is the ultimate crop that will hang into winter while garlic has an interesting fall gardening opportunity when a field is exposed in dramatic fashion. It notes the techniques in planting beets and the...
- ASK ARI. // Missoula Independent;4/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p21
The article provides an answer to a question of what should a garlic grower do to a planted garlic that is coming up through the mulch.
- Produtividade de alho vernalizado em funÃ§Ã£o de fontes e doses de fÃ³sforo. Macêdo, Fábio Silva; Sedoguchi, Ériko Tadashi; de Souza, Rovilson José; de Carvalho, Janice Guedes // CiÃªncia Rural;mar2011, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p379
The objective of this research was to verify the influence of sources and doses of phosphorus in the productivity of vernalized garlic in soil with low phosphorus content. The experiment was carried out in field conditions in the Horticulture Sector at the Universidade Federal de Lavras. Three...
- A breath of fresh air for garlic farming. Halliwell, James // Grocer;6/28/2014, Vol. 237 Issue 8161, p48
The article focuses on The Garlic Farm established by farmer Colin Boswel on the Isle of Wight, England. Topics covered include the growth of The Garlic Farm products such as chutneys and curry pastes, the outsourcing of production to manufacturing plants around the country and the use of...