- Brook trout and the writing life. Nova, Craig // Fly Fisherman;Dec99, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p80
Relates experience of the author in brook trout fishing in Vermont. Impact of climate on fishing; Appreciation towards fishing; Description of the favorite fishing spot of the author; Reflections on life as a novelist; Lesson learned from fishing brook trout.
- Winter trout roundup. Phillips, John E. // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov94, Vol. 55 Issue 11, Southern Edition pH
Focuses on speckled trout fishing in the rivers and canals of Alabama. Winter fishing; Bottom feeding by trout; Use of plastic lures; Trolling for trout.
- Gods River. // Fly Fisherman;Feb2008, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p50
The article presents information on the fishing of brook trouts at Gods Lake, which is one of the largest bodies of water in northern Manitoba.
- Specks in the west. Burnley, Eric B. // Salt Water Sportsman;Jul94, Vol. 55 Issue 7, Atlantic Edition pF
Reports on speckled trout fishing in Chesapeake Bay. Season for fishing; Key to finding trout; Use of lures.
- Rapid River Brookies. RANDOLPH, JOHN // Fly Fisherman;Oct-Dec2011, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p46
The article offers suggestions for brook trout fishing in the Rapid River, flowing between Lower Richardson Lake and Lake Umbagog in the Rangeley Lakes chain, in Maine.
- Super-Secret Speckled Trout Spots. // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov2008, Vol. 69 Issue 11, p43
The article provides information on various places in North Carolina and Virginia for speckled trout fishing.
- Pathway to paradise. Monahan, Philip // Outdoor Life;Mar98, Vol. 201 Issue 2, p54
Relates the author's brook trout fishing experiences in the Canadian province of Quebec. Ideal places for fishing; Fishing strategies used; Description of Lac a L'Eau Claire, the largest natural body of water in northern Quebec. INSET: If you go..
- FIRST LOVE. Nickens, T. Edward // Field & Stream;May2013, Vol. 118 Issue 1, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of flyfishing for brook trout in the U.S. INSET: TIP OF THE MONTH: DAPPLE A FLY.
- The Smith river. Streeks, E. Neale // Fly Fisherman;Jul99, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p32
Focuses on the Smith River in Montana. Origin of the river; Attributes of the river to the fly fishers; Fishes found in the river; Factors that affect the water levels and fishing; Issuance of fishing permits from the Montana Department of Fish, Wildlife and Parks; Application for a river float...