Investment banks left out in the cold
- `Banking for the rest of us?'. Sheridan, Kevin // Bank Marketing;Feb97, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on image campaigns on community banking. Technological innovations in banking; Introduction of Macintosh by Apple.
- Hype hazard creeping into high-tech banking. Montner, Debra // American Banker;10/15/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 199, p13
Opinion. Advises high-technology banking firms to use public relations to defend themselves from criticisms by the press and their competitors. Widespread impact of technology on the banking industry; Communicating one's strategy for adopting a technology.
- In PR, always keep cost control and marketing in mind. Nadler, Paul // American Banker;11/22/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 223, p7
Presents a reader's response to a previous article by the author regarding setting goals for public relations in the community bank. Carol Batzli Barkley's response; Agreeing with the author's main premise; Choosing a public relations firm; Shunning the retainer fee; Public relations as...
- Untitled. // American Banker;3/28/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 59, p7
Presents excerpts from Republic National Bank of New York vice president Ralph E. Spiegel Sr.'s letter in response to an article on banks' charity works. Consideration of the drain on one's own time and dollar commitment expected from the company in determining which organizations to support.
- Stimulating loans. Rogers, Ed // Canadian Banker;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p17
Describes the `Boost St. Catharines--It's First Rate' public relations campaign of banks in the Ontario town to boost the local economy. Causes of the town's recession; Steps taken by the bankers to generate merchant and business activity; Results of similar campaigns carried out by the Bank of...
- Set goals before taking the public-relations plunge. Nadler, Paul // American Banker;8/30/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 166, p9
Stresses the need for a community bank's board and officers to determine the goals of a public relations program before hiring a public relations professional. Aggrandizement of the chief executive officer; Positioning of stocks; Improving the bank's image; Advantage of hiring a market maker...
- Survey shows retail banks aren't retailing. Gore, Jennifer // Bank Marketing;Apr97, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p13
Reports on the results of the survey on retail banking customers conducted in New York by the Stern Marketing Group, a retail marketing firm in Berkeley, California. Why retail banking industry is increasing vulnerable to losing its customers; Percentage of respondents which said that they...
- Loan Promo Tied To Charities Drives Volume To Calif. CU. Bartlett, Michael // Credit Union Journal;1/13/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p16
Reports that the Financial Center Credit Union handed out money to charitable institutions in Stockton, California. Background on the loan promotional activity that the credit union sponsored from November 15-December 24, 2002; Names of the charitable institutions which benefited from the...
- Building A Bitter Bank? Sheridan, Kevin // Bank Marketing;Sep98, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p7
Comments on bank advertising with the theme `We-Deserve-Your-Business-Because-We-Were-Here-First.' Ineffectuality and counterproductiveness of such advertising; Evidence of bitterness in the advertising; Message sent by such advertising to potential customers; What potential customers want from...