The move to hybrids
- CarShare offering free parking. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/28/2014, Vol. 43 Issue 34, p5
The article reports that as part of a new green vehicle initiative of Salt Lake City, Utah, free downtown parking will be offered by membership-based car-sharing program Enterprise CarShare to members renting a hybrid vehicle in partnership with Salt Lake City government.
- Hybrid Vehicles: Separating Fact from Fiction. EMERY, JASON D. // Fire Engineering;Jul2009, Vol. 162 Issue 7, p73
The article offers information on hybrid vehicles and the myths about them. Misconceptions about hybrid vehicles cited by the author include battery leak, difficulty in disabling the high-voltage power system and extrication, special equipment needs and that they are fad. It provides an overview...
- Denver fleet adds four Freightliner hybrids. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2010, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p170
The article reports that four Freightliner Business Class M2 106 Hybrid trucks have been added by the Denver Fleet Management Division as replacements for the older units that were part of the city's fleet of vehicles.
- Hybrid electric trucks to be tested. // Overdrive;Dec97, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p94
Reports on progress of various manufacturers in developing hybrid electric trucks. Features of the hybrid electric concept vehicles developed by Navistar International Corp. in partnership with Lockheed Martin; Volvo's commercial tests of eco-friendly hybrid trucks.
- Hybrid future. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Jul2002, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p37
Comments on the integration of the hybrid technology into trucks. Advantages of hybrid technology; Factors needed to be address for trucks to get the same benefits from the technology; Outlook for the hybrid trucks.
- Volvo attempts World speed record. // Motor Equipment News;Apr2012, p33
The article focuses on the attempt to be made by Mean Green, which is the fastest hybrid truck in the world, to go over 260 kilometers per hour on April 27, 2012 in Utah.
- PUMPING GREEN. Cunningham, Tom // Commercial Motor;12/6/2007, Vol. 206 Issue 5258, p62
The article focuses on the development of the hydraulic hybrid vehicle (HHV) of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) in cooperation with Eaton Corp., UPS, International Truck and Engine Corp., Army National Automotive Centre, Morgan-Olson, FEV Technology and the Southwest Research...
- Effectively working with hybrids. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2010, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p29
The article discusses the highlights of a session that was conducted by the National Truck Equipment Association in the U.S. in 2010 titled "I Have a Hybrid Truck in the Shop: Now What?" Bosch Rexroth director of engineering studies and applications Simon Baseley was a keynote speaker and...
- Big Trucks Go Hybrid. // Popular Mechanics;Nov99, Vol. 176 Issue 11, p20
Focuses on the gas-electric Class 8 hybrid truck based on a Kenworth T-800B chassis by engineers from PAC-CAR in Seattle, Washington.