Educating techs on wheel ends
- Who's looking after your fleet? Don, Andrew // Motor Transport;3/9/2015, p36
The article offers information on the requirement Euro-6, that has became mandatory in the European Union countries for new trucks registered for the first time from the end of 2013. It mentions that Euro-6 raised the technical skillset needed to repair and maintain fleets but makes it harder...
- Focus on the future. MOLLA, TONY // Fleet Equipment;Nov2012, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p16
The article discusses studies on the measurement of truck technician training results. It highlights an article by Shana K. Carpenter at the Iowa State University's department of psychology. The doctoral dissertation of Emmanuel Kolo, doctor of Philosophy (PhD) candidate at Virginia Polytechnic...
- My day as a lift truck technician in training. Bond, Josh // Modern Materials Handling;2015 Supplement, p4
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of participating in the lift truck technician training program of Crown Equipment.
- M917A1 Dump Truck... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Oct2000, Issue 575, p26
Deals with the preventive maintenance of the wheel rim openings of M917A1 dump trucks. Dirts that should be removed from the wheel rim openings; Importance of cleaning these dirts.
- Setting the standard. // Fleet Equipment;Jan2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p14
The article offers information on the efforts being made by Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Industry Education Alliance to enhance the education of heavy-duty service for the U.S. fleet repair industry. It mentions that the National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF), being...
- The three Rsâ€”Retention. Molla, Tony // Fleet Equipment;Nov2009, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p12
The article focuses on the concept of retention in view of the training of a truck technician. It is said that retention revolves around the idea of communication which includes keeping good technicians for cost-effective purposes. It is noted that a technician development program also is needed...
- Ford dealers throng training on how to fix aluminum F-150. Wernle, Bradford // Automotive News;5/5/2014, Vol. 88 Issue 6619, p0048
The article reports the move by a number of Ford dealerships in the U.S. as of early May 2014 to enroll technicians in training courses about collision repairs on the 2015 aluminum F-150 pickup truck. The courses will be taught by instructors from the organization, Inter-Industry Conference on...
- Technician training will be needed. // Fleet Equipment;May2013, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p46
The article discusses the suggestion by Grote Industries, supplier of electrical and lighting systems for heavy-duty trailers and trucks, that truck fleets should have strong technician training programs.
- Wheels & wheel ends: A maintenance primer. Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Aug2010, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p38
The article recommends several maintenance procedures including wheel end fastener maintenance guidelines for trucks. It includes thorough examination of the entire times when the tire changes. It also offers suggestions on simple and quick hub or stud maintenance which includes minimizing the...