Kill some roaches!
- Rethinking inventory management. Friedman // Supply House Times;Jul99, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p96
Outlines some of the varied symptoms of an outdated inventory management system. Indications of problems within distributor's company; Value of inventory-management systems for distributors; Considerations when updating or rethinking inventory management system.
- Open-Stock: Myth or Legend? Stainbrook, Craig // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Jul2000, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p21
Takes a look at the reasons why some suppliers provide inventory-management services in the United States. Tool for attracting or keeping customers; Myths about management of open-stock items; Savings from the conversion of `closed stock' to `open-stock.'
- Inventory cost accounting systems: Which do you use? McNamara, A.J. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;May2003, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p6A
Offers advice on how safety distributors could manage their inventory and improve profitability. Assessment of the company's computer inventory program has some options to run reports on slow or dead inventory; Information that should be included in such a report; Focus on the goal of...
- ADA puts its computer ducks in a row. Morris, Chris // Billboard;8/10/96, Vol. 108 Issue 32, p54
Focuses on Alternative Distribution Alliance's (ADA) inventory-management system for its distributed labels. Information provided by the system; Developments concerning the company's recording artists.
- OPW Becomes New Life Distributor. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;7/ 2/2012, p1
The article reports that New Life has selected The Original Parts Warehouse (OPW) as its exclusive distributor of semi-truck and trailer parts in Canada.
- Customer-Base Concentration: Implications for Firm Performance and Capital Markets. Patatoukas, Panos N. // Accounting Review;Mar2012, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p363
This study investigates whether and how customer-base concentration affects supplier firm fundamentals and stock market valuation. I compile a comprehensive sample of supply chain relationships and develop a measure (CC) to capture the extent to which a supplier's customer base is concentrated....
- OPERATIONAL CHALLENGES. Ray, Allen; Gordon, David // Electrical Wholesaling;Jul2008, Vol. 89 Issue 7, p50
The article discusses the Channel Challenges survey, which examines the profitability of distributor operations in the U.S. The survey conducted 80 interviews with manufacturers and distributors, who were asked questions regarding their perceptions on data synchronization, pricing, electronic...
- Managing Strategic Inventories via Manufacturer-to-Consumer Rebates. Arya, Anil; Mittendorf, Brian // Management Science;Apr2013, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p813
Manufacturer-to-consumer rebates are a staple of modern supply chains. Such rebates are typically viewed as a means of price discrimination because of partial redemption by consumers. However, the proliferation of universally redeemed instant rebates suggests the practice may be motivated by...
- Reduce those expanding inventories. Richardson, Helen L. // Transportation & Distribution;Mar99, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p81
Offers suggestions in improving inventory management. Findings from the `Inventory Reduction Report'; Winning strategies of manufacturers and distributors; Impact of excess inventory.