Getting past disaster
- In just three years, Bart Warner transforms 150 acres in WVC into a center of dealerships, truck... // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/20/99, Vol. 29 Issue 13, Focus p11
Reports on the growth of dealership and trucking services facility West Valley Truck Center in West Valley City, Utah. Offer of sales and services for Freightliner and Sterling trucks and hosting of 21 trucking-related businesses; Leasing of parts of the center to other businesses; Number of...
- Extended hours, parts service for Peterbilt dealership. // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/10/2012, p2
The article reports on the announcement of the decision of JX Peterbilt-Grand Rapids to extend hours for the parts and service departments in Wyoming, Michigan in January 2012.
- Ride Height Adjustment. // Fleet Equipment;Nov2000, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p18
Recommends tips that are related to the ride height adjustment of trucks. Practice of truck operators; Complications of incorrect ride height; Importance of the height control valve.
- A matter of choice. // Fleet Owner;May97, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p18
Presents highlights from the American Truck Dealers (ATD) convention in April 1997. Presentation by Michel Gigou, president and chief executive officer of Mack Trucks, concerning the growing number of trucking companies outsourcing their maintenance operations; Speech by ATD chairman Ed Donahue...
- Practice makes perfect. Rohlwing, Kevin // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;11/10/2014, p1
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of judging the SuperTech competition in the meeting at the trucking industry Technology & Maintenance Council regarding heavy-duty truck maintenance and repair.
- Waltco adds maintenance-saving features to popular flipaway series at no extra cost. // Fleet Equipment;Apr97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p118
Highlights the features of the Waltco F-20RM and F-30RM reduced-maintenance flipaways developed by Waltco Truck Equipment Co. Hardened plated pins; Self-lubricating, fiberglass-reinforced Teflon bearings at all pivot points; Thick concentric bearings; Static pressure capabilities.
- New Caterpillar TOPP Program Offers Comprehensive Repair Coverage to Cat Powered Used Truck Owners. // Fleet Equipment;Feb2001, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p59
Introduces the Truck Owner Protection Plan from Caterpillar company which aimed to protect the owners of Cat trucks from unexpected repair bills. Overview of the coverage; How the program works.
- Waltco introduces Thermalpak. // Fleet Equipment;Sep97, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p70
Introduces Waltco Truck Equipment Co.'s Thermalpak power unit that automatically shuts down the liftgate motor before it overheats. Features; Contact information.
- Laurie Dealer: Who holds the balance of power? // Commercial Motor;10/30/2014, Vol. 222 Issue 5610, p19
The article focuses on the role of servicing, repair, and maintenance for prices and product marketing within truck sector.