Daubert Chemical Co reflects on its 75 years of innovation
- No PM Means a RUSTY LATCH. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Mar2012, Issue 712, p35
The article offers tips on using an aerosol dry-film lubricant in a rusty latch.
- M12A1 decon... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug98, Issue 549, p54
Discusses how to deal with the corrosion on the M12A1 decon. Frequency of lubing needed; Disadvantage of too much grease pops; What to do if the valves become hard to turn.
- STLE LOCAL SECTION MEETING CALENDAR. // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Jan2016, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p64
The article presents a calendar which includes the STLE Canton Section: Lubricating Grease: Manufacturing Chemistry, Kyodo Yushi, Applications, Career and the STLE Detroit Section: Knowing Right from Rust.
- Reducing Friction in the Studio. Darway, Christopher // Art Jewelry;Nov2009, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p31
The article discusses the use of lubricants for reducing friction between two hard surfaces and protecting metal object's surface from rust. It notes that petroleum based lubricants are good for preventing rust on tools and metal surfaces, while penetrating fluids, like kerosene, are very useful...
- WD-40 SpecialistÂ® SpecialistÂ® Impresses in the Shop. // Auto Body Repair Network;May2013, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p10
The article offers brief information on the Specialist Rust Release Penetrant Spray from WD-40.
- Words you may have encountered in this month's issue of TLT. // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p39
Defines words encountered in the October 2003 issue of the magazine "Tribology & Lubrication Technology. Additive; Base stock; Corrosion; Solvent; Synthetic lubricant; Tribology.
- Get the drop on water. // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Dec2010, Vol. 63 Issue 12, p38
The article reports on the risk of placing water in oil-based hydraulic fluids. It mentions that the existence of water in the hydraulic fluid could reduce its viscosity, and reduce the thickness of lubricating films, as well as wear of the surfaces in dynamic contact. It states that water would...
- Derek Phillips. Astrene, Thomas T. // Tribology & Lubrication Technology;Oct2011, Vol. 67 Issue 10, p18
An interview with lubrication engineer Derek Phillips is presented. When asked about how he started a career in tribology, he asserts that he started working with industrial fluid technology to educate sales force and customers. He affirms that the biggest danger that rust and corrosion present...
- HinderRUST. // Design News;Feb2012, Vol. 67 Issue 2, p62
The article reviews the rust-inhibiting lubricant HinderRUST from Fluoramics Inc.