Knight Transportation orders 370 Volvo VNs equipped with SCR
- Volv Receives Order from Knight Transportation. // Fleet Equipment;Oct2002, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p56
Reports the VN model vehicle agreement between Volvo Trucks North America Inc. and Knight Transportation. Production of vehicles; Recognition on value of the VN model; Performance rating.
- A KNIGHT'S TALE. Shiers, Will // Commercial Motor;3/10/2005, Vol. 201 Issue 5119, p58
Presents an interview with Kevin Knight, chairman and CEO of Knight Transportation, regarding the success of the company in the U.S. Views of the CEO on the success; Features of the Volvo VN670 truck which are appreciated by the company; Significance of safety to the company.
- Companies focus on cutting EGR fuel losses. // Modern Bulk Transporter;Jun2003, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p13
Reports that the top concern of fleets using low-emission engines equipped with exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) systems is the loss in fuel economy. Tactics used by truck and engine companies to minimize fuel losses; Features of the EGR systems.
- Detroit Diesel hits Blue Tec SCR milestone. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2008, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p45
The article evaluates the BlueTec Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology for heavy-duty trucks from Detroit Diesel Corp.
- Fleetrite APU reduces fuel Consumption. // Bulk Transporter;Dec2008, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p46
The article evaluates the Fleetrite auxiliary power unit from Navistar International Corp.
- Van users are less aware of LEZ changes. Swallow, Kevin // Commercial Motor;4/21/2011, Vol. 214 Issue 5429, p9
The article reports that the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) will be implemented on Euro-4 trucks in London, England on January 3, 2012.
- Will diesels survive to 2005? Bald, Jim // Overdrive;Feb95, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p33
Discusses information about electronically controlled fuel injection systems manufactured to help meet emissions standards for the trucking industry in the United States. Progress made from the emissions standpoint; Advantages of electronic-controlled injections; Functions; Engine parameters...
- Better Throttle Control. Marshall, Lawson // Fleet Equipment;Dec2000, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p8
Provides information on DriverMax, a programmable electronic engine horsepower modulator developed by Mirenco Inc. which improves fuel economy and minimizes emissions in trucks. Details on how the electronic device works; Use of the technology to manage throttle operation; Organizations and...
- The lowdown on 2010 emissions. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;Aug2009, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p22
The article features Dodge, Ford, Freightliner, GM, Hino, International, and Mack, seven leading truck chassis manufacturers and how they tackle the issue of meeting 2010 emissions requirements. Each company discusses the choice and the complexities of adapting either the selective catalytic...