Navistar begins Customer Parts Recovery program
- Navistar offers aftermarket APU. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Aug2008, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p31
The article features Fleetrite APU, a retrofit auxilliary power unit (APU) from Navistar.
- Belts & hoses. Bald, Jim // Overdrive;Oct97, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p67
Deals with the prevention of motor vehicle belt and hose failures. Specifying long-life hoses and belts; Thorough in-service inspection when taking delivery of a new vehicle; Performing daily pre-trip, enroute and post-trip inspections.
- AMP bed extender. // Dirt Bike;Sep96, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p86
Presents the AMP bed extender used in vehicles for added space. Features; Suggested retail price.
- Streamlining car controls. Raymond, Martha K. // Machine Design;03/06/97, Vol. 69 Issue 5, p82
Details the technical design and operation of a liftgate module developed by United Technologies Automotive to facilitate operations in minivans and sport utility vehicles. Functions based on the principle of Geneva mechanisms to provide intermittent motion; Key components; Benefits.
- Truck and automotive equipment. // Government Product News;Mar96, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p34
Presents a look at some automotive and truck equipment. Boost to the emergency services provided by the Rockaway Township's Police Department, New Jersey; Cargo heater from The Supply Corporation; Zinc-plated steel Tyron safety Band from Esco; Plastic truck fenders from Spray Control Systems...
- Tactical vehicles... // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Aug98, Issue 549, p7
Announces the availability of tailor-made cargo nets for tactical vehicles. Features.
- Compact tolerance rings cut cost. // Professional Engineering;10/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p40
Introduces a tolerance ring from Rencol Rencol Tolerance Rings that replaces the two rings normally used in vehicle steering column mechanisms as an aid to vehicle security and to comply with European regulations. Features; Benefits of using the ring.
- Dashboard computer lets drivers call out commands. Daugherty, Christi // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);05/31/99, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p21
Focuses on Clarion's AutoPC dashboard computer equipped with voice-activation capabilities. Key features and functions; Design; Cost; Planned upgrades.
- SECOND-HAND SALES. Johnson, Dennis // Dealernews;May2008, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including the National Powersports Auction in March 2008 in Poway, California and a feature of pre-owned motorsport dealership business in Medina, Ohio by Rick Roush.