Trailer dealer lands 100-unit order
- Memphis Carnival salutes trucking. // Fleet Owner Blog;5/ 2/2014, p3
The article reports on the 2014 Memphis Carnival to celebrate the trucking industry in Memphis, Tennessee, including conferment of the carnival's Chairman's Award to Ed Gatlin, local founder of Empire Express.
- Product Focus. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2010, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p171
The article evaluates several truck body products which include insulated fiberglass liner kits from Fleetco, the XL Bertha 12- or 24- volt DC-500 dump body vibrator from VIBCO Vibrators, and an aluminum truck bed extender from Extend-A-Haul.
- Free of violations. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Blog;12/ 9/2013, p15
The article reports on Empire Express Inc., a dry van carrier specializing in hauling hazardous chemicals and high-value, time-sensitive loads primarily in the eastern half of the U.S. and across Canada, based in Memphis, Tennessee. Tim Gatlin, president and chief executive, says that since they...
- Free of violations. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Dec2013, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p1
The article offers a corporate profile for Empire Express located in Memphis, Tennessee. Details about the services and area of operation of the dry van carrier specializing in hauling hazardous chemicals and high-value, time-sensitive load are offered. Also tackled are how the company has dealt...
- The superior van man. Pattison, Kermit // Backpacker;June97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p14
Focuses on the Super Shuttle, a van that transports hikers from Castle Danger and Cascade River State Park and back. Comments of the owner about the van; Reason why the owner decided to create the van; Information about the van fares; Other services offered by the van.
- Option packages help you customize your work vehicle. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;09/30/96, Vol. 199 Issue 5, p15
Features the Reading Deluxe Ready Van, a full-size van which combines the compartments and easy access of a service body with a room and stand-up work space. Body structure; Engine specifications; Bulkhead protection feature.
- Studying time and motion. McIntyre, John // Beverage World;Apr95, Vol. 114 Issue 1589, p56
Compares the differences in the unloading and loading time of the Omnivan and its conventional step-van counterpart. Factors for the edge of the Omnivan over the step-van.
- Van converters expect big sales gains for '95. Bohn, Joseph // Automotive News;8/1/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5563, p16
Reports on projected sales gains of van converters in the United States in the 1995 model year. General Motors' van availability; Sales declines in the 1994 model year due to the shortage of Chevrolet and GMC van chassis; Sales of several van converters.
- Me and my conversion van. Willimon, William H. // Marriage Partnership;Fall90, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p37
Presents an anecdote on the purchase of the author of a conversion van. Tip from wife Patsy about a van in a used car lot; Goal to drive the van when Duke University gets invited to a bowl game; Comments of friends.