Ice Cubed: Cablevision Drops Puck on 3D Sports
- Iced. // New Yorker;5/9/94, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p41
Discusses the post-game atmosphere at the locker room of the hockey team New York Rangers after its victory over rival New York Islanders. Lack of celebration; Reputation as National Hockey League's most businesslike team; Juice and bran muffins snacks; Lone-on-the-ice fight.
- Ron Duguay. O'Donnell, Chuck // Hockey Digest;Feb99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p78
Presents New York Ranger Ron Duguay's recollection of his team's victory over the New York Islanders during Game 6 of the 1979 Campbell Conference Finals. Rangers' entry into the series as underdogs; Playoff performance of the team; Rangers coach Fred Shero's installation of a defense-first...
- Hoping viewers will invest in a new dimension. Ruth, João-Pierre // njbiz;3/29/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p12
The article focuses on three-dimensional (3-D) broadcasts like the March 24, 2010 Hockey League game between the New York Rangers and Islanders carried by MSG Network for Cablevision subscribers.
- Calder Memorial Trophy (Rookie of the Year). // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p939
An almanac entry that lists the National Hockey League (NHL) players who won the Calder Memorial Trophy, or the Rookie of the Year Award, from 1933-2007 is presented. Hockey player Kilby MacDonald of the New York Rangers won the trophy in 1940. Dennis Potvin of the New York Islanders was the...
- SKATING FROM UNDER A SHADOW. Mulvoy, Mark // Sports Illustrated;3/31/1975, Vol. 42 Issue 13, p30
The article looks at the threat posed by the New York Islanders to the New York Rangers in the Stanley Cup hockey tournament in 1975. The number one choice in the 1973 amateur draft of the National Hockey League (NHL) was given to the Islanders, wherein David Potvin was selected by general...
- The New Jersey Turnpike Cup It's the bridesmaid Islanders vs. the born-again Bullies. // Time;5/26/1980, Vol. 115 Issue 21, p88
The article reports on the performance of the hockey team New York Islanders. The team reportedly made the best record in the National Hockey League (NHL), with center Bryan Trottier winning the most valuable player (MVP), Denis Potvin was the top defenseman, and right wing Mike Bossy led the...
- The Islanders are improving, but they'll go only as far as their goalies take them. Custance, Craig // Sporting News;8/15/2011, Vol. 235 Issue 17/18, p62
The article presents brief commentaries related to the National Hockey League (NHL). Topics discussed include prospects for the New York Islanders during the 2011-2012 season, why the author believes Ryan Callahan should have been named captain of the New York Rangers, and an invitation extended...
- 'Devil' Daneyko Says Fast Start Key to NHL Success. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;1/21/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p24
The article reports the celebration of the start of the season of National Hockey League (NHL) and return of the hockey teams, namely, New York Rangers, Islanders and New Jersey Devils to the league by the company MSG Networks in the U.S.
- James Norris Memorial Trophy (Outstanding Defenseman). // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p939
An almanac entry that lists the National Hockey League (NHL) players who won the James Norris Memorial Trophy from 1954-2007 is presented. The James Norris Memorial Trophy is given to the most outstanding defenseman for the season. Hockey player Doug Harvey of the New York Rangers won the trophy...