Estimating attendance for breast cancer screening in ethnic groups in London
- SPOTTING TUMORS IN DENSE BREAST TISSUE. // USA Today Magazine;Jan2010, Vol. 138 Issue 2776, p8
The article offers information on molecular breast imaging, a screening method for breast cancer that identifies tumors in dense tissue.
- Will you stil need me, will you still screen me, when... Sutton, Graham C. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);10/25/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7115, p1032
Evaluates the breast screening policy in Great Britain. Risk factor for breast cancer; Benefit from offering breast cancer screening to old women; Recommendation regarding women screening for breast cancer.
- COMMENTARY. Willett, Laura // Evidence Based Medicine;Nov2003, p169
The article presents the author's comment on the study concerning the breast self examination as a means of decreasing breast cancer mortality.
- Does Utilization of Screening Mammography Explain Racial and Ethnic Differences in Breast Cancer? Smith-Bindman, Rebecca; Miglioretti, Diana L.; Lurie, Nicole; Abraham, Linn; Barbash, Rachel Ballard; Strzelczyk, Jodi; Dignan, Mark; Barlow, William E.; Beasley, Cherry M.; Kerlikowske, Karla // Annals of Internal Medicine;4/18/2006, Vol. 144 Issue 8, p541
Background: Reasons for persistent differences in breast cancer mortality rates among various racial and ethnic groups have been difficult to ascertain. Objective: To determine reasons for disparities in breast cancer outcomes across racial and ethnic groups. Design: Prospective cohort. Setting:...
- Predictors of Mammography Screening Among Ethnically Diverse Low-Income Women. Cronan, Terry A.; Villalta, Ian; Gottfried, Emily; Vaden, Yavette; Ribas, Mabel; Conway, Terry L. // Journal of Women's Health (15409996);May2008, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p527
Background and purpose: Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths among women in the United States. Minority women are less likely to be screened and more likely to die from breast cancer than are Caucasian women. Although some studies have examined ethnic disparities in...
- Opinions and Personals. Chandler, A.B. // Saturday Evening Post;Jan/Feb87, Vol. 259 Issue 1, p112
Focuses on the author's support of the Mammobile Breast Cancer Prevention Unit in the United States. Features of the mobile medical service; Importance to women of undergoing mammograms; Personal story of the author's experience of being diagnosed with a lump in her breast.
- Review: Mammography reduces breast cancer mortality rates. // ACP Journal Club;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 138 Issue 2, p39
Analyzes the effectiveness of breast cancer screening in preventing breast cancer mortality. Forms of breast cancer screening; Outcomes of the study.
- Initiative aims to boost breast screening uptake. Duffin, Christian // Nursing Older People;Mar2009, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on an initiative by Ealing Primary Care Trust (PCT) aimed at boosting breast screening rates among older people. It is part of the British Department of Health's Pacesetters programme, which focuses on improving outcomes for disadvantaged people or groups who miss out on...
- Breast test. // Shape;Oct2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p126
A quiz is presented on topics related to breast cancer such as breast self-exams, diets that affect breast health, and mammograms.