An analysis of risk factors of non-fatal drowning among children in rural areas of Guangdong Province, China: a case-control study
- EDITORIALS. Langendorfer, Steve // International Journal of Aquatic Research & Education;Feb2010, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "Factors Affecting Minority Drowning," by Nathan Martin and Dean Witman, "Correlation of Pool Drowning Deaths With Number of Residential Swimming Pools by County in Florida, 2005-2007," by Michael Lo, Kristal Hall and...
- Child Drownings and Near Drownings Associated With Swimming Pools--Maricopa County, Arizona, 1988 and 1989. Flood, TJ; Aickin, M; Englender, SJ // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;8/8/90, Vol. 264 Issue 6, p680
Investigates child drownings and near drownings associated with swimming pools in Maricopa County, Arizona from 1988 and 1989. Annual death rate from drowning for children in Arizona from 1981-1988; Factors possibly associated with the increased risk for child drowning and near drowning in the...
- Drowning--Louisiana, 1998. // MMWR: Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report;5/25/2001, Vol. 50 Issue 20, p413
Presents statistical information on the death rate caused by drowning in Louisiana in 1998. Fatality rate from drowning; Examination on the study conducted by the Louisiana Office of Public Health; Overview of the results.
- Safety First. Popke, Michael // Athletic Business;Jul2012, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p43
The article focuses on the safety promotion and safety techniques in aquatic facilities in the U.S. aimed at reducing the numbers of drownings. It discusses the statistics of drownings, particularly in children, which says drowning is still the leading cause of injury-related deaths among 1-4...
- Swim Safe. // Working Mother;Jun/Jul2009, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p96
The article offers tips regarding water safety. It says parents should be watchful and attentive about water safety as drowning is the second leading cause of accident-related mortality in children up to 14 years of age. Safe Kids Worldwide discusses three ways on how to be vigilant about water...
- Build-A-Bear Workshop heads to India, land of youth. // SCTXtra;3/27/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p2
The article reports on Build-A-Bear Workshop Inc.'s plan to open its first retail store in India in 2006. It is reported that the company will open its store through its new international franchisee Murjani Group. Moreover, the company revealed that its new venture will probably be located in...
- Have a Good Beach Day. Nolan, Dave; Lasky, John // Airman;Jul2001, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p16
Offers tips on preventing drowning incidents. Key steps in protecting children from injury or death ; How to cope with a rip current; Effect of alcohol on an individual's swimming ability; Factors to consider before diving.
- How to Avoid DISASTER in the Water. Early, Tracy // Current Health 1;Apr/May2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p26
Presents information on how to prevent drowning along with other safety tips in swimming.
- Childhood drownings in private swimming pools: an avoidable cause of death. BArey, W.; Little, T.M.; Sibert, J.R. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/21/1982, Vol. 285 Issue 6341, p542
Examines the prevalence of childhood drownings in private swimming pools. Effects of near drowning on the severity of childhood brain damages; Factors contributing to childhood drowning; Need for safety measures in various private swimming pools.