Food Services and Drinking Places
- Kingston Arms, 33 Kingston St, Cambridge. // Railways Illustrated;Mar2008, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p89
The article features Kingston Arms in Cambridge, England. It describes the pub as a lovely back street local fairly close to Cambridge Station and a single-room affair leading into a small courtyard garden. It mentions how Kingston Arms can be reached and the products and services it offered. It...
- My worst job. Peake, Tom // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/12/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 4564, p52
The article presents information on the worst job experience of Tom Peake, owner and co-founder of Renaissance Pubs. According to Peake, being the barman and chef de rang at Hotel le Toiny on St Barts in the French West Indies was probably both his best and worst job. He states that his...
- Hotels and Other Accommodations. // Career Guide to Industries;2010/2011, p32
The article presents a career guide to the hotels and other accommodations sector in the U.S. Information is presented on the nature of the industry, working conditions, employment and occupations, and training and advancement. The article also presents an outlook for the industry, which covers...
- JUST OPENED. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/22/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4333, p18
Features several restaurants and bars which opened in England in July 2004. Obsidian, owned by Duncan Poyser in Manchester; Katana at the International Bar in Saint Martin's Lane; Carluccio's, owned by Antonio and Priscilla Carluccio in Windsor.
- New Foodie To-Do List; Festival Time at Balboa Bay Club. Chao, Fifi // Orange County Business Journal;5/14/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 20, p24
The author cites several new restaurants in California which she considers ideal for food-goers. She names Kimera in Irvine, which has only open for two weeks; Marche Moderne in South Coast Plaza; Lazy Dog Cafe in Orange; Ruth's Chris Steak House in Anaheim; K'Ya in Hotel MÃ©nage; and...
- JUST OPENED. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;9/2/2004, Vol. 193 Issue 4339, p18
Features several bars and restaurants in Great Britain which opened in August 2004. Zushi in Cardiff; Island Restaurant and Bar in London; Varsity bar in Plymouth; Noura Central in London.
- BEST OF THE BLOGS. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;12/9/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4707, p20
Several blogs related to the hospitality industry are presented, including one washroom facility, another on restaurants, and yet another on pubs.
- ROUGH STEP UP THE PROPERTY LADDER. Morton, Andy // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/6/2012, Vol. 202 Issue 4722, p36
The article offers information on Liz Cottingham, who brought a 400-year-old converted mill house hotel in the New Forest, England. Cottingham ran away from home at the age of 17 and started working as a chambermaid at the Palace Court hotel in Bournemouth, England. She fell into the pub trade...
- LATE & LATE-NIGHT. Dinerstein, Joel // New Orleans Magazine;Nov2006, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p48
The author provides a detailed account of late night locations such as pubs and bars in the New Orleans. The locations include Deja Vu Restaurant and Bar, Avenue Pub and Molly's at the Market. The author also offers an inset that provides information on several late night pubs and bars in the...