Understanding resilience in same-sex parented families: the work, love, play study
- Application of Feminist Therapy: Promoting Resiliency Among Lesbian and Gay Families. Negy, Charles; McKinney, Cliff // Lesbian Families' Challenges & Means of Resiliency;2006, p67
Lesbian and gay (LG) parents face common and unique challenges compared to heterosexual parents. In addition to the typical challenges that all parents encounter while rearing children, LG parents often face myriad obstacles to having and rearing children in a society that struggles to accept...
- Bringing Home the New Employment Contract. Pfeffer, Jeffrey // Across the Board;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p15
Provides information on how to become family-circumstance resilient. How to cope up with changing family circumstances.
- Expanding the Scope of Research on Military Children: Studying Adversity, Resilience and Promotion in Normative Social Contexts. Benbenishty, Rami; Astor, Ron Avi // Social Policy Report;2014, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p21
The authors discuss the need to expand the scope of research to include military children in normative social contexts and to create effective policies to promote their resilience. They indicate that the belief that a structured normative settings can promote resilience of children is well...
- RY I TARP PSICHINIO ATSPARUMO IR PALAIKAN IOS SOCIALIN S APLINKOS MOKYKLOJE, NAMUOSE TYRIMAS 5-7 IR 8-10 KLASI MOKINI GRUP SE. Griciūtė, Aušra // International Journal of Psychology: A Biopsychosocial Approach ;2010, Issue 6, p67
Background and purpose. For a better understanding of the formation process of adolescents' resilience, in context with environmental effects, this study analyzes the connection between resilience and a supporting social environment at school and home. The main purpose of the study described the...
- Family Resilience Through Sports: The Family as a Team. Haggan, Paul // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall2002, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p279
Presents a view that family resilience can be recognized and promoted by analyzing family involvement as a team. Importance of sports participation and identification for many individuals and families; Sports as a useful, proactive and intelligible metaphor for helping professionals to employ.
- THE FUTURE OF SAME-SEX PARENTING IN IRELAND. // Gay Community News;Sep2014, Issue 297, p6
The article reports that the journal will host an event in November 2014 in Dublin, Ireland to discuss the challenges facing lesbian and gay couples planning to become parents.
- Report: 22% Of Same Sex Couples In Detroit Raising Children. PROXMIRE, CRYSTAL A. // Between the Lines (10807551);5/30/2013, Issue 2122, p6
The article focuses on a report released by the Williams Institute, a think tank located at the University of California, Los Angeles, according to which 22 percent of same sex couples are raising children in Detroit, Michigan.
- Family Resilience and Domestic Violence: Panacea or Pragmatic Therapeutic Perspective? Kragh, Jeffrey R.; Huber, Charles H. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall2002, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p290
Discusses family resilience, harm reduction and solution-focused intervention techniques as pragmatic intervention programs in cases of domestic violence. Standard procedure in addressing domestic violence; Emphasis of the techniques on collaboration between counselors and clients, client and...
- Family Resilience Within Individual Psychology: Stay the Same and Change. Huber, Charles H. // Journal of Individual Psychology;Fall2002, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p211
Introduces articles about family resilience within individual psychology published in the September 2002 issue of the 'Journal of Individual Psychology.' Paradox that characterizes the connections between family resilience and individual psychology embodied in the encouragement, 'Stay the same...