Facilitating access to pre-processed research evidence in public health
- Better Guidance Is Welcome, but without Blinders. Peters, David H.; Bennett, Sara // PLoS Medicine;Mar2012, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
The authors discusses the guidance for evidence-informed decisions about health systems produced by the members of the World Health Organization (WHO) Task Force on Developing Health Systems Guidance. They recognize the importance of systematization in process that collage and evaluate the...
- Knowledge translation strategies to improve the use of evidence in public health decision making in local government: intervention design and implementation plan. Armstrong, Rebecca; Waters, Elizabeth; Dobbins, Maureen; Anderson, Laurie; Moore, Laurence; Petticrew, Mark; Clark, Rachel; Pettman, Tahna L.; Burns, Catherine; Moodie, Marjorie; Conning, Rebecca; Swinburn, Boyd // Implementation Science;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Background Knowledge translation strategies are an approach to increase the use of evidence within policy and practice decision-making contexts. In clinical and health service contexts, knowledge translation strategies have focused on individual behavior change, however the multi-system context...
- Evidence-based policy revisited: orientation towards the policy process and a public health policy science. Rütten, Alfred // International Journal of Public Health;Jun2012, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p455
No abstract available.
- Cochrane update: building capacity in evidence-informed decision-making to improve public health. Pettman, Tahna L.; Armstrong, Rebecca; Jones, Kirsty; Waters, Elizabeth; Doyle, Jodie // Journal of Public Health;Dec2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p624
The article discusses the methods of implementing and analyzing evidence-informed public health (EIPH) training courses by the Cochrane Public Health Group (CPHG). It discusses the use of knowledge translation and exchange (KTE) strategies to support evidence-informed decision-making (EIDM). The...
- Determining guiding principles for evidence-based practice. Dale, Andrea E. // Nursing Standard;3/1/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p41
The article discusses the guiding principles of evidence-based practice (EBP). EBP is an overarching concept that spans all healthcare professions. The principles collaborating EBP take account on the part played by the profession, practitioner and the need for desirable patient outcomes,...
- NICE announces new public health quality standards. Turnbull, Alex // Independent Nurse;Oct2014, p4
No abstract available.
- Developing and evaluating communication strategies to support informed decisions and practice based on evidence (DECIDE): protocol and preliminary results. Treweek, Shaun; Oxman, Andrew D.; Alderson, Philip; Bossuyt, Patrick M.; Brandt, Linn; Brożek, Jan; Davoli, Marina; Flottorp, Signe; Harbour, Robin; Hill, Suzanne; Liberati, Alessandro; Liira, Helena; Schünemann, Holger J.; Rosenbaum, Sarah; Thornton, Judith; Vandvik, Per Olav; Alonso-Coello, Pablo // Implementation Science;2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Background: Healthcare decision makers face challenges when using guidelines, including understanding the quality of the evidence or the values and preferences upon which recommendations are made, which are often not clear. Methods: GRADE is a systematic approach towards assessing the quality of...
- Optimal Evidence in Difficult Settings: Improving Health Interventions and Decision Making in Disasters. Gerdin, Martin; Clarke, Mike; Allen, Claire; Kayabu, Bonnix; Summerskill, William; Devane, Declan; MacLachlan, Malcolm; Spiegel, Paul; Ghosh, Anjan; Zachariah, Rony; Gupta, Saurabh; Barbour, Virginia; Murray, Virginia; von Schreeb, Johan // PLoS Medicine;Apr2014, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p1
Martin Gerdin and colleagues argue that disaster health interventions and decision-making can benefit from an evidence-based approach Please see later in the article for the Editors' Summary
- Turning evidence into recommendations: Protocol of a study guideline development groups. Michie, Susan; Berentson-Shaw, Jessica; Pilling, Stephen; Feder, Gene; Dieppe, Paul; Raine, Rosalind; Cluzeau, Francoise; Alderson, Phil; Ellis, Simon // Implementation Science;2007, Vol. 2, p29
Background: Health care practice based on research evidence requires that evidence is synthesised, and that recommendations based on this evidence are implemented. It also requires an intermediate step: translating synthesised evidence into practice recommendations. There is considerable...