Factors influencing implementation of the Ministry of Health-led private medicine retailer programmes on malaria in Keny
- Prediction of Altered 3'- UTR miRNA-Binding Sites from RNA-Seq Data: The Swine Leukocyte Antigen Complex (SLA) as a Model Region. Endale Ahanda, Marie-Laure; Fritz, Eric R.; Estellé, Jordi; Zhi-Liang Hu; Madsen, Ole; Groenen, Martien A. M.; Beraldi, Dario; Kapetanovic, Ronan; Hume, David A.; Rowland, Robert R. R.; Lunney, Joan K.; Rogel-Gaillard, Claire; Reecy, James M.; Giuffra, Elisabetta // PLoS ONE;Nov2012, Vol. 7 Issue 11, Special section p1
The SLA (swine leukocyte antigen, MHC: SLA) genes are the most important determinants of immune, infectious disease and vaccine response in pigs; several genetic associations with immunity and swine production traits have been reported. However, most of the current knowledge on SLA is limited to...
- Cambodia closes illegal pharmacies to protect malaria drugs. Moszynski, Peter // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;5/22/2010, Vol. 340 Issue 7756, p1107
The article reports that local authorities in Cambodia have closed unlicensed pharmacies in the country in an effort to deal with the increasing resistance to antimalarials in 2010.
- Condiciones y experiencias de trabajo en la sala de venta de un supermercado. Stecher, Antonio; Godoy, Lorena; Toro, Juan Pablo // Polis (07176554);2010, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p1
This article presents the results of a qualitative study done in 2007 and 2008 in Santiago, Chile. Its objectives were to describe and understand the work conditions and experience of a group of men and women with low occupational levels working on the sales room and at the checkouts of a large...
- In-Store Experience Trumps Price. // MMR;5/27/2013, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p11
The article focuses on the research studies with regards to consumer preferences when shopping, wherein based on the study "Banks and Retailers: You Cannot Price Your Way out of Bad Consumer Experiences," consumer experience plays a big role in their loyalty for retailers.
- Observations on Observation in India's Dynamic Urban Markets. Dholakia, Nikhilesh; Sinha, Piyush Kumar // Forum: Qualitative Social Research;Jan2005, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Urban India is witnessing a rapid revolution in its commercial retail spaces. These transforming commercial landscapes constitute a rich arena for qualitative research using, among others, observational methods. In this paper, we present observations about the changing urban retail scene of...
- As percepÃ§Ãµes dos farmacÃªuticos sobre seu trabalho nas farmÃ¡cias comunitÃ¡rias em uma regiÃ£o do estado do Rio de Janeiro. Bastos, Cláudia Regina Garcia; Caetano, Rosângela // Revista CiÃªncia & SaÃºde Coletiva;2010, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p3541
The aim of this study was to understand the pharmacist's perceptions that work at communitarian pharmacies from Rio de Janeiro about their professional practices and how this vision can be related to the practice implementation of Pharmaceutical Attention. A qualitative research was developed...
- Retailers, suppliers seek advances in supply chain management. Frederick, James // Drug Store News;4/24/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p10
Deals with the talks held by retailers and suppliers at the 11th annual Distribution and Logistics Conference of the National Association of Chain Drug Stores about supply chain management. Statement from Bruce Bergetz, executive vice president of information technology at Shoppers Drug Mart;...
- Drug Stores. // Chain Store Age;Oct98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p26
Reports on developments in the drug stores segment of the retail industry in the United States as of October 1998. Plan by CVS to open seven new stores in Cincinnati, Ohio by the end of 1998; Duane Reade's purchase of the assets of Ark Drugs of Mount Vernon, New York; Rite Aid's launching of a...
- Ask the pharmacist. Rand, John; Ng, Jenny // Promo;Mar2003, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p24
Suggests ways on how drugstore retailers in the United States can effectively sell their retail products to the aging postwar generation. Improvement of prescription strategy; Location of drug stores; Branding of health care products. INSET: Push down and twist . . . ! !.