Early pubertal onset and its relationship with sexual risk taking, Early pubertal onset and its relationship with sexual risk taking, substance use and anti-social behaviour: a preliminary cross-sectional study
- Early puberty often not precocious. Essex, Charles // New Zealand Doctor;7/27/2011, p33
The article reminds parents that early puberty are often not precocious. The puberty process consists of physical growth, bone maturation, development of secondary sexual characteristics, and behavioral changes. Babies may show some degree of breast enlargement in the neonatal period and...
- INTRODUCTION. Forman, Sara // Dying for Acceptance: A Teen's Guide to Drug & Alcohol Related H;2004, p7
This article provides an introduction to growth and development during adolescence. According to the American Heritage Dictionary, adolescence is the period of physical and psychological development from the onset of puberty to maturity. In essence, adolescence is the time when the needs of...
- Disorders of Pubertal Development. Brämswig, Jürgen; Dübbers, Angelika // Deutsches Aerzteblatt International;4/24/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 17, p3
The article focuses on disorders associated with pubertal development. If the child's pubertal development is pathological, the cause of the pubertal disorder must be found by specific diagnostic testing, and the necessary treatment must be initiated. Normal variants of puberty in girls include...
- Let nature take its course for now. // New Scientist;7/22/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 2561, p5
The article focuses on issues related to puberty. In some children, puberty begins when they are still young. However, puberty can be delayed by using drugs. Recently, a gene has been discovered that has been found to cause the beginning of puberty. Obesity is one of the factors responsible for...
- postpubescent. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1742
A definition of the term "postpubescent" is presented. It refers to conditions following puberty.
- BIG CHANGES. Movsessian, Shushann // Current Health 1;Jan2006, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p8
The article discusses the changes experienced by teenagers during puberty.
- INTRODUCTION. Forman, Sara // Taking Care of Your Smile: A Teen's Guide to Dental Care;2004, p7
This article presents an introduction to growth and development during adolescence. According to the American Heritage Dictionary, adolescence is the period of physical and psychological development from the onset of puberty to maturity. In essence, adolescence is the time when the needs of...
- EXTREME CHANGES: General Pubertal Development. Ford, Jean // Right on Schedule! A Teen's Guide to Growth & Development;2004, p48
This chapter discusses the general pubertal development in teenagers. For girls, puberty can commence as early as age seven and as late as age thirteen, but most girls begin the journey around age ten. Boys tend to lag behind girls by one to two years, starting puberty as early as nine and as...
- Women's Health Q&A. // Network Magazine of the Canadian Women's Health Network;Summer2001, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p14
Presents a question and answer advisory on many issues concerning puberty in girls. Initial signs of puberty as well as the average age of first menstruation; Impact of family environment on sexual development of girls; Physical and emotional effect of early puberty.