Raised Serum Prolactin Levels in Amenorrhoea
- Amenorrhoea, galactorrhoea, and hyperprolactinaemia induced by methyldopa. Arze, R.S.; Ramos, J.M.; Rashid, H.U.; Kerr, D.N.S. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/18/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6285, p194
Presents case studies on amenorrhea, galactorrhea, and hyperprolactinemia induced by methyldopa. Side effects of methyldopa; Relation between hyperprolactinemia, amenorrhea, and administration of methyldopa; Estimation of the serum prolactin concentrations.
- Raised serum prolactin levels associated with hirsutism and amenorrhoea. Seppala, M.; Hirvonen, E. // British Medical Journal;10/18/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5989, p144
Investigates the occurrence of raised serum prolactin levels associated with hirsutism and amenorrhea. Measurement of the circulating prolactin levels by radioimmunoassay; Findings of the tomographic examination done on patients; Mechanism of the rise on prolactin level in the...
- Hyperprolactinemia in Sarcoidosis. Turkington, Roger W.; MacIndoe, John H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr72, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p545
Discusses a study which examined the serum prolactin levels of patients with extrapulmonary sarcoidosis. Presence of galactorrhea and amenorrhea in the patients; Clinical presentation of the patients; Results and discussion.
- Prolactinoma. Schlechte, Janet A. // New England Journal of Medicine;11/20/2003, Vol. 349 Issue 21, p2035
Reports that prolactin-secreting tumors are benign neoplasms that account for about 40 percent of all pituitary tumors. Common symptoms, such as amenorrhea; Causes, such as the disruption of dopamine secretion or delivery; Details of studies done on pituitary tumors.
- Galactorrhea-Amenorrhea Syndrome: Diagnosis and Therapy. Boyd Ill, A. E.; Reichlin, Seymour; Turksoy, R. Nuran // Annals of Internal Medicine;Aug77, Vol. 87 Issue 2, p165
Tests of prolactin regulation in the galactorrhea-amenorrhea syndrome were compared in 18 patients with normal pituitary fossae, seven patients with prolactin-secreting adenomas, and eight normal women. Mean basal prolactin was highest in patients with adenomas and was elevated in those with...
- Acromegaly and Galactorrhea-Amenorrhea with Two Pituitary Adenomas Secreting Growth Hormone or Prolactin. Tolis, George; Bertrand, Gilles; Carpenter, Stirling; Maxwell McKenzie, John // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep78, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p345
Presents a case report on nulliparous woman who had acromegaly, galactorrhea-amenorrhea, elevated serum growth and prolactin and hypogonadotropinism. Discussion on hyperprolactinemic galactorrhea; Materials and methods used; Results of the study.
- Ectopic Hyperprolactinemia Resulting From an Ovarian Teratoma. Kallenberg, Gene A.; Pesce, Carlo M.; Norman, Brad; Ratner, Robert E.; Silverberg, Steven G. // JAMA: Journal of the American Medical Association;5/9/90, Vol. 263 Issue 18, p2472
Presents a case study of a patient with secondary amenorrhea and galactorrhea in whom such an elevated prolactin level did initially lead to the discovery of an ovarian cystic teratoma. Medical history of the patient; Results of laboratory examination of the excised cyst; Outcome of treatment.
- A Case Report and Review of Hyperprolactinemia that is not Prolactinoma. Salehi, Fateme; Doglietto, Francesca; Ridout, Rowena; Gentili, Fred; Asa, Sylvia; Zadeh, Gelareh // Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences;Jul2011, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p652
The article presents a case study of a 42-year-old woman which has a 17-month history of amenorrhea with no clear assessment of her status. Follow-up examinations found hyperprolactinemia (hyper-PRL) as the cause of the woman's amenorrhea. It mentions that endocrinological work and magnetic...
- A prolactin-releasing peptide in the brain. Hinuma, Shuji; Habata, Yugo; Fujii, Ryo; Kawamata, Yuji; Hosoya, Masaki; Fukusumi, Shoji; Kitada, Chieko; Masuo, Yoshinori; Asano, Tsuneo; Matsumoto, Hirokazu; Sekiguchi, Masahiro; Kurokawa, Tsutomu; Nishimura, Osamu; Onda, Haruo; Fujino, Masahiko // Nature;5/21/1998, Vol. 393 Issue 6682, p272
Presents research which identified a potential candidate for a specific prolactin-releasing hormone in rats. Role of hypothalamic peptide hormones; Behavior of peptides; Activity of prolactin in mammals; Methods used; Expression of an orphan receptor, hGR3; Search for hGR3 ligand; Naming of the...