Raised Serum Prolactin Levels in Amenorrhoea
- Raised serum prolactin levels associated with hirsutism and amenorrhoea. Seppala, M.; Hirvonen, E. // British Medical Journal;10/18/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5989, p144
Investigates the occurrence of raised serum prolactin levels associated with hirsutism and amenorrhea. Measurement of the circulating prolactin levels by radioimmunoassay; Findings of the tomographic examination done on patients; Mechanism of the rise on prolactin level in the...
- Hyperprolactinemia in Sarcoidosis. Turkington, Roger W.; MacIndoe, John H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Apr72, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p545
Discusses a study which examined the serum prolactin levels of patients with extrapulmonary sarcoidosis. Presence of galactorrhea and amenorrhea in the patients; Clinical presentation of the patients; Results and discussion.
- Amenorrhoea, galactorrhoea, and hyperprolactinaemia induced by methyldopa. Arze, R.S.; Ramos, J.M.; Rashid, H.U.; Kerr, D.N.S. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);7/18/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6285, p194
Presents case studies on amenorrhea, galactorrhea, and hyperprolactinemia induced by methyldopa. Side effects of methyldopa; Relation between hyperprolactinemia, amenorrhea, and administration of methyldopa; Estimation of the serum prolactin concentrations.
- Prolactinoma. Schlechte, Janet A. // New England Journal of Medicine;11/20/2003, Vol. 349 Issue 21, p2035
Reports that prolactin-secreting tumors are benign neoplasms that account for about 40 percent of all pituitary tumors. Common symptoms, such as amenorrhea; Causes, such as the disruption of dopamine secretion or delivery; Details of studies done on pituitary tumors.
- Acromegaly and Galactorrhea-Amenorrhea with Two Pituitary Adenomas Secreting Growth Hormone or Prolactin. Tolis, George; Bertrand, Gilles; Carpenter, Stirling; Maxwell McKenzie, John // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep78, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p345
Presents a case report on nulliparous woman who had acromegaly, galactorrhea-amenorrhea, elevated serum growth and prolactin and hypogonadotropinism. Discussion on hyperprolactinemic galactorrhea; Materials and methods used; Results of the study.
- Prolactin concentrations in ovulatory but infertile women: treatment with bromocriptine. Lenton, Elizabeth A.; Sobowale, Oladele S.; Cooke, Ian D. // British Medical Journal;11/5/1977, Vol. 2 Issue 6096, p1179
Examines prolactin concentrations in ovulatory but infertile women in Great Britain. Reference to women with history of infertility; Treatment of infertile patients with clomiphene; Reduction of prolactin concentrations.
- Serum prolactin in epilepsy and hysteria. Trimble, Michael R. // British Medical Journal;12/16/1978, Vol. 2 Issue 6153, p1682
Investigates the prolactin release during epilepsy and hysteria. Mechanism of prolactin release during seizure; Role of basal hypothalamus in prolactin release; Difference between epilepsy and hysteria.
- A prolactin-releasing peptide in the brain. Hinuma, Shuji; Habata, Yugo; Fujii, Ryo; Kawamata, Yuji; Hosoya, Masaki; Fukusumi, Shoji; Kitada, Chieko; Masuo, Yoshinori; Asano, Tsuneo; Matsumoto, Hirokazu; Sekiguchi, Masahiro; Kurokawa, Tsutomu; Nishimura, Osamu; Onda, Haruo; Fujino, Masahiko // Nature;5/21/1998, Vol. 393 Issue 6682, p272
Presents research which identified a potential candidate for a specific prolactin-releasing hormone in rats. Role of hypothalamic peptide hormones; Behavior of peptides; Activity of prolactin in mammals; Methods used; Expression of an orphan receptor, hGR3; Search for hGR3 ligand; Naming of the...
- Prolactin study may explain origins of some disorders. // Behavioral Health Treatment;Aug96, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the results of a study on the effect of rest on human prolactin secretion. Correlation with the neurobiology of psychiatric syndromes; Nighttime rise of prolactin secretion.