Top bars and very few stars
- Mac Awards 2003. Daniels, Robert // Daily Variety;4/25/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 14, p6
Highlights the 17th annual presentation of the Mac Awards for Manhattan's cabaret community. Direction by Lennie Watts; Presentation of a lifetime achievement award to piano jazz diva Barbara Carroll; Events.
- Bistro Bits. Siegel, Barbara; Siegel, Scott // Back Stage;04/06/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 14, p13
Focuses on the Manhattan Association of Cabarets and Clubs (MAC) Awards for bar entertainers in New York City in 2001. Entertainment lineup; Focus of the acceptance speeches of MAC awardees; Suggestions on who should perform at MAC award shows.
- 30 cabaret artists honored at 10th Back Stage Bistros. Sheward, David // Back Stage;3/3/95, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the highlights of the 1995 Bistro Awards for the cabaret community in the United States. Preview of cabaret video clips; Most memorable acceptance speeches; List of recipients.
- MAC picks noms for annual awards. // Back Stage;3/3/95, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p2
Presents a list of nominees for different cabaret categories in the Manhattan Association of Cabarets & Clubs (MAC) MAC Awards 1995. Best female vocalist; Song of the year; Female and male New York Debut; Best impersonators.
- 3rd Annual TIMAs Announced. // Canadian Musician;Jul/Aug2007, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that the 3rd Annual Toronto Independent Music Awards (TIMAs) will be presented at the Phoenix Concert Theatre in Toronto, Ontario on October 4, 2007. There will be a unique prize for each category. Opportunities for musicians have been created through the Young Songwriters...
- CenterStage. Eaker, Sherry // Back Stage;02/26/99, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p7
Focuses on how the winners of the 1999 14th Annual Bistro Awards defined cabaret and what makes the form so appealing to them. Ray Roderick, co-writer of `I Love New York'; Amanda Green, Bistro award recipient for outstanding special material; Peter-Michael Marino, television host and Bistro...
- MAC Awards Aglow at Town Hall. Hoglund, John // Back Stage;04/09/99, Vol. 40 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the awards presented by the Manhattan Association of Cabarets & Clubs to outstanding cabaret, comedy and jazz performances. Highlights of the performances; Production staff on the event; Information on the recipient of the awards.
- CenterStage. Eaker, Sherry // Back Stage;03/15/96, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p5
Focuses on the 1996 `Back Stage' Bistro Awards for cabaret performers. List of performers; Details on the Bistro Tribute; Award presenters.
- THE SHOWCASE AWARD. // Event;Oct2011, p28
The article announces that Stamford Bridge:Remastered has won the Showcase Award along with finalists Smyle-Ryder Cup, and Eclat Events and Productions-Curaball.