Nintendo lines up Europe tour
- Consoles makes a comeback. // Billboard;12/28/96, Vol. 108/109 Issue 52/1, p64
Presents a picture from Sega's Saturn game `Nights.' Discussion of the comeback of video game consoles.
- Microsoft delays Xbox launch date. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;9/24/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 16, p6
Reports the decision of Microsoft Corp. to delay the launching of the 'Xbox,' video gaming console in Los Angeles, California. Reaction of retailers to the delay; Increase in the shipment of the 'GameCube,' video gaming console from Nintendo Co.; Effects of the United States terrorist attacks...
- Childproof advertising. // Adweek Eastern Edition;5/5/1997, Vol. 38 Issue 18, p4
Describes the marketing strategy initiated by Golin/Harris Communications Inc. in Los Angeles, California, to launch the latest handheld Game Boy Pocket Color video game players. First time real kids have been attached to an outdoor billboard; Dramatic and traffic-stopping.
- War games. Curtis, James // Campaign;09/03/99, Issue 35, p34
Focuses on the launching of the console Dreamcast by video games company, Sega. Dependence of the company's future on the product; Impact of business losses from the PlayStation of Sony; Lesson of Sega from the failure of its Saturn computer game in 1995. INSET: The battle of the games magazines..
- Sega shoots for the stars with $50M Saturn intro. // Brandweek;5/15/95, Vol. 36 Issue 20, p5
Reports on Sega's $50 million launch of its Saturn CD-ROM game player. National television commercials; Ten-second teaser spot on MTV and Fox; Direct mail/print support; Tagline for the system; Promotional partnership with Coke; Target market.
- Media choice. // Campaign;10/22/99, Issue 42, p20
Praises the ambient advertising in men's toilets in London bars in England. Campaign credits; Strategy of the ambient campaign for the Sega Dreamcast video game equipment.
- Can a self-flagellating salaryman save Sega? Surowiecki, James // Advertising Age's Creativity;Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p25
Reports that ad campaign for Sega America Inc.'s Dreamcast videogame console, will be handled by San Francisco, California-based FCB company. Self-flagellating spots made by Dentsu in Japan featuring an actual senior managing director of Sega; Difference between the Japanese market and that of...
- Xbox picks Dare Digital for European campaign. Chandiramani, Ravi // Marketing (00253650);11/22/2001, p11
Reports the selection of Dare Digital to spearhead its interactive marketing campaign across Europe by Xbox, Microsoft's video games console. Preparation for the European launch; Features of the games console; Retail price of the product.
- Bill Gates has his hand on a joystick. Yang, Dori Jones // U.S. News & World Report;03/20/2000, Vol. 128 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the planned release of X-Box, a home video game machine, by Microsoft Corp. Entry of the company into the computer hardware business; Features of the system and its relevance to Windows operating systems; Size and distribution of the video game market in 1999; Role of Microsoft's...