Management of intractable hiccup
- ...stop the hiccups. // Executive Edge Newsletter;Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p1
Presents a tip for preventing hiccups.
- Quick tip. // Glamour;May2002, Vol. 100 Issue 5, p103
Offers a tip on how to prevent hiccups.
- A Cure for Hiccups? Smith, Natalie // Scholastic SuperScience;Mar2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the research done by the kid inventor Mallory Kievman regarding the development of Hiccupop, a lollipop that help in the prevention of hiccups.
- Methods to decrease the morbidity of abdominoperineal resection. Farid, Hany; O'Connell, Theodore X. // American Surgeon;Dec1995, Vol. 61 Issue 12, p1061
Discusses techniques aimed to reduce morbidity associated with abdominoperineal resection. Experimental procedure and patient characteristics; Urinary retention as common complication; Percentage of perineal wound dehiscence among patients; Length of hospital stay; Advantages of primary closure...
- Sick of hiccups and heartburn? // Managing People at Work;Oct2011, Issue 355, p3
The article offers tips on how to minimize heart burn by reducing consumption of sodium bicarbonate that can be found in baking soda and hiccups by not ingesting too much gassy food.
- you oughta know. Crain, Esther // Cosmo Girl;Nov2001, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p62
Presents tips and trivia related to health and hygiene of girls. Black tea as substitute for toothbrushing; Facts about wearing a bra during bedtime; How to avoid the hiccups.
- Single-layer mass closure of major laparotomies by continuous suturing. Pollock, A. V. // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Apr1980, Vol. 73 Issue 4, p305
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article about laparotomy incisions, by M. R. B. Keighley in the March 1980 issue.
- Morgagni hernia: Repair with a mesh using laparoscopic surgery. A. Albarracín Marín-Blazquez; M. F. Candel; P. A. Parra; M. Méndez; J. Ródenas; M. J. Rojas; F. Carrión; M. Madrigal // Hernia;Feb2004, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p70
The aim of this study is to present two patients diagnosed with diaphragmatic Morgagni hernia and treated by repairing the hernia defect with a mesh by laparoscopic surgery. We describe the placement of a double-layer mesh anchored with helicoidal staples to repair the hernia defect using...
- Non-invasive measurement of small-bowel motility by MRI after abdominal surgery. Patak, Michael A.; Froehlich, Johannes M.; von Weymarn, Constantin; Freintenstein, Stefan; Zollikofer, Christoph L.; Wentz, Klaus-Ulrich // Gut;Jul2007, Vol. 56 Issue 7, p1023
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the measurement of small bowel motility after abdominal surgery.