Taking A Smarter Route
- Terminal 5 opening fiasco caused by 'a cascade of problems', BA head says. Thomson, Rebecca // Computer Weekly;5/20/2008, p10
The article reports that British Airways PLC (BA) has now revealed the full extent of the IT problems that marred Terminal 5's opening on March 27, 2008. Willie Walsh, BA's chief executive revealed that IT problems and a lack of testing played a large part in the trouble. But he said that the...
- AVIATION. // Travel Weekly Australia;8/22/2008, Issue 95, p5
The article offers news briefs concerning the airline industry in Australia. It states that executives at Qantas Airways Ltd. have expressed their anger with the appointment of Alan Joyce as the airline's chief executive officer (CEO). Virgin Blue Airlines Pty. Ltd. announced to collect new...
- LOSE SOME, FIND SOME. // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);May2010, p14
The article presents data from the World Tracer luggage tracking database which show that 25 million air passengers lost their bags in airports all over the world.
- A visit from the baggage police. Symchak, Richard // Inside Tucson Business;06/15/98, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p4
Editorial. Comments on the need to limit to one the number of luggage that airline passengers in the United States may carry. Experience of the author as a former frequent flyer; Abuse of the carry-on luggage privileges by most passengers.
- Passenger Behavior Contradicts Negative Publicity On Ancillary Fees. // AirGuide Online.com;3/15/2010, p2
The article offers information on the increased airlines baggage fees that is reported to bring billions of dollars in revenues for U.S. airlines.
- Lighten the load by knowing luggage requirements, packing tips. Kantrow, J. Michelle // Caribbean Business;5/11/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 19, pS2
Focuses on the importance of knowing the airlines' dimension and weight specifications of bags and luggages of travelers. Extra charges for boxes; Allowable carry-on pieces.
- Police Find $7.2 Million Cash In Suitcases At Panama's Airport. // AirGuide For the Frequent Flyer;2/3/2014, p36
The article reports on the $7.2 million cash found by police in Panama airport concealed in hidden compartments in luggage of flight from Honduras, which was suspected by the authorities to be moved for a large cartel.
- Survey: Business travelers want more baggage space. Schrader, Martin // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/19/98, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p19
Cites the results of a survey of business travelers concerning baggage space for carry-on luggage aboard aircraft in the United States. Desire of business travellers for more space for carry-on luggage aboard aircraft; Policy that limits travelers paying the lowest fares to carry only one bag.
- Packing Light: Beating The Airlines' Baggage Fees. // Tennessee Tribune;8/26/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p1B
The article offers tips to avoid paying more baggage fees at airports in the U.S.