- World War II bunkers landmarked. Metz, Tracy // Architectural Record;Aug1992, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p31
Reports that France has landmarked its section of the Atlantikwall, the Nazis' coastal defense line built in 1942. The province of Normandy has designated 40 acres as historic, including the Pointe du Hoc.
- Landmarks of history. Pugno, T.R. // Cobblestone;Jan1990, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p26
Describes successful preservation projects which have restored and maintained historical landmarks throughout the United States. Mount Vernon, Virginia; Highlights of preservation movement; Work of individuals.
- Places to Visit. // Cobblestone;Apr2004, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p47
Presents a list of suggested historical places to visit in the U.S.
- `The procession of civilization, marching single file'. schaub, don // Historic Traveler;Feb99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p50
Features the Cumberland Gap National Historical Park in the Appalachian Mountains, northeast of Knoxville, Tennessee. Historical information on the park; How the park was completed; Influential individuals which contributed to the preservation of the park.
- Interior Dept. starts drive to save U.S. battlefields where blacks were heroes. // Jet;8/20/90, Vol. 78 Issue 19, p23
Reports on efforts by the Interior Secretary to preserve historic Civil War battlegrounds where blacks made significant contributions.
- Dept. of Interior giving UNCF schools $20 million to restore historic sites. // Jet;2/3/92, Vol. 81 Issue 15, p17
Reports that the Department of the Interior will give $20 million to the United Negro College Fund (UNCF) to preserve and protect 11 buildings on historically black college and university (HBCU) campuses. Comment from UNCF President William H. Gray III; Schools to benefit from funds.
- Heritage Trail highlights North Shore attractions. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/01/96, Vol. 43 Issue 27, p50
No abstract available.
- A positive exercise in preservation. Baker, Chuck N. // Las Vegas Business Press;05/12/97, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p5
Opinion. Calls for the renovation and preservation of the Whitehead House in Las Vegas, Nevada, a historic landmark built by Stephen Whitehead, a Clark County Tax Assessor. Design style; Importance of historic sites to communities; Legislative proposals for the renovation of the site.
- NPS Initiative assists landmarks. O'Connell, Kim // National Parks;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 70 Issue 9/10, p22
Discusses a proposed National Park Service program, the National Historic Landmark Initiative, while providing information on its possible effects on national historic landmarks. Details of the Initiative; Information on the mission of the Initiative; Methods used by the Initiative to improve...
- There's no place like the Historic River Towns on weekends. Gold, Nancy // Westchester County Business Journal;11/20/95, Vol. 34 Issue 47, Westchester weekend p13
Offers detailed information and description of the Historic River Towns of Westchester, highlighting some of the exciting activities and sites in store for weekend visitors. Relevant information.