- Fair Trade: Towards an Economics of Virtue. Nicholls, Alex // Journal of Business Ethics;Apr2010, Vol. 92, p241
Over the past 10 years the sales of Fair Trade goods - particularly those carrying the Fair Trade Labelling Organizations International (FLO) certification mark - have grown exponentially. Academic interest in Fair Trade has also grown significantly over the past decade with researchers...
- IS FAIR TRADE UNFAIR? DASH, SOUMENDRA K. // Great Indian Dream;Jun2013, p18
The article focuses on the fairness of fair trade system and mentions that the fair trade model brings stagnancy to business innovation, entrepreneurship and poverty. It states that the fair trade certification system and the fair trade movement are unfair and fair trade has now become a market...
- Shoppers asked to 'flaunt Fairtrade labels'. // Reform Magazine;Feb2011, p8
The article presents the campaign unveiled during the Fairtrade Fortnight 2011 event urging shoppers to show Fairtrade products in the U.S.
- Have a happy and green Hallowe'en. // New Internationalist;Oct2011, Issue 446, p49
The article offers environmentally friendly advice regarding Halloween, including promoting the use organic and fair-trade items, preparing healthier treats and boycotting companies that practice irresponsible marketing.
- DEVELOPMENT DIAMONDS. R. B. // JCK;Dec2012/Jan2013, Vol. 144 Issue 1, p88
The article informs about the fair trade diamonds that were produced in Sierra Leone which will be labeled as "development diamonds" in an auction.
- City Gets 'Fair Trade Town' Designation. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;2/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p14
The article reports that the city of La Mesa in California has received the Fair Trade Town designation from Fair Trade Town USA, a nonprofit organization advocating on the sale of products produced by business that employ social and environmentally responsible practices.
- Fair trade your love life! // New Internationalist;Jul2011, Issue 444, p49
The article focuses on the development of fair trade condoms following strikes and demands for higher wages by rubber tappers in Thailand, India and Sri Lanka.
- BanaBay aims for Fairtrade certification. // Grocer;9/28/2013, Vol. 236 Issue 8124, p39
The article reports on the plan by banana brand BanaBay to get Fairtrade certification by the end of 2013 and to increase imports into Europe in 2014.
- Fairtrade asks fans to flaunt their loyalty. // Grocer;11/6/2010, Vol. 233 Issue 7980, p31
The article reports that the theme of the Fairtrade Fortnight in 2011 scheduled for February 28 to March 13 will be "show off your label" to encourage others to support the Fairtrade mark.