Road to Riches
- Jaypee plans to build Rs. 2,000cr hospitals. // FRPT- Infrastructure Snapshot;5/25/2014, p6
The article reports on the plan of the real estate company Jaypee Group to construct hospital chain that can house more than 3,000 beds. According to the company's founder Jaiprakash Gaur, the hospital chain will be headed by former chief operating officer (CEO) and his daughter Rekha Dixit....
- STATE OF POLITICS. N. K. // Forbes Asia;Apr2010, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p22
The article focuses on Kumari Mayawati, chief minister of Uttar Pradesh, India with reference to Jaypee Group owner JaiPrakash Gaur's ability to deal with politicians in the state.
- Jaypee. Layak, Suman // Business Today;12/25/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 26, p60
The article features Jaiprakash Gaur, founder and chairman of Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. (JAL). He is identified as the one who made India's only Formula One track and hosted the first race efficiently. He was born into a Brahmin family in Uttar Prades and studied civil engineering at the former...
- WOULD YOU BUY A BRIDGE FROM THIS MAN? Mclean, Bethany; Burke, Doris; Patricia; Neering // Fortune;10/1/2007, Vol. 156 Issue 7, p138
The article discusses Macquarie Bank, an Australian firm that specializes in infrastructure funds. Macqaurie takes advantage of governments that are strapped for money by purchasing the right to run toll roads from them and then selling the road to the public through initial public offerings...
- Order booster for power mech projects. // FRPT- Energy Snapshot;9/21/2015, p5
The article reports that Power Mech Projects has bagged a five year contract from Prayagraj Power Generation, a Jaypee Group Company to operate and maintain services of a thermal power plant at Bara in Uttar Pradesh, the contract includes operations and maintenance services for boiler and turbine.
- Combating Debt. // Business Today;7/31/2016, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p112
The article reports that East Indian infrastructure conglomerate Jaypee Group has sold its cement assets to cement company UltraTech Cement Ltd. as part of efforts to reduce its debts and survive the recession, highlighting the views of chief executive officer Manoj Gaur on the issue.
- Jaypee talks. // International Construction;Sep2012, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p10
The article reports that CRH PLC is in negotiations for acquisition of a stake of the cement business of Jaypee Group in Gujarat, India.
- Privatize highways. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/16/94, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p22
Cites the May 1994 issue of `Privatization' which reported on the idea of private toll roads worldwide. Germany, India, Poland and Vietnam are the latest additions to a group that exceeds 40 countries who opted to make use of the private sector to develop, own and operate highway infrastructure...
- Dems peer down toll hike road. Tita, Bob // Crain's Chicago Business;2/24/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the plans of U.S. Senators in Illinois to raise the price of travelling on the state's tollway. Purpose for which the additional money would be used; Possibility of opposition to the increase in toll charges.