I'll Take Manhattan
- Pols view B'klyn model for armory. HAWKINS, ANDREW J. // Crain's New York Business;7/23/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p0012
The article reports that Youngwoo & Associates LLC brought 20 officials from borough to downtown Brooklyn to see Dekalb market and seek the development rights for the Kingsbridge Armory.
- The Lost World. Gorski, Dennis // Best's Review;Jan2010, Vol. 110 Issue 9, p80
The article provides an overview of American International Group Inc.'s (AIG) world headquarters in New York. It states that the structure features an overlooking view of the East River, the Brooklyn Bridge, and the Twin Towers. It adds that the building was purchased by AIG in 1976 for 15...
- Youngwoo delivers plan to turn Bronx post office into market. // Real Deal: New York Real Estate;Mar2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p102
The article reports on the plan of real estate firm Youngwoo & Associates LLC in redeveloping the Bronx General Post Office into a marketplace.
- Designing excellence. // Executive Report;Feb96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p41
Presents photos from the architectural winners of the 1996 American Institute Architect design competition held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Examination of McCormick Architects; Information on Urban Design Associates; Details on Hayes Large Architects; Other architecture highlighted.
- IAN MARTIN. // Building Design;8/9/2002, Issue 1544, p28
Presents an architect's schedule of activities. Increase in planning department productivity of the Architects and Planers Coalition; Plans for the conversion of a redbrick hospital into live/work units; Redesigning of Italian quarry as a potential opera venue and cultural narrative.
- China in their hands. Glaser, Karen // Building Design;12/6/2002, Issue 1559, p10
Focuses on the lack of popularity among the European architects design in China. Absence of understanding on the role of Western professionals; Failure of voicing the interest on design practice and values; Apprehension of the Chinese architects on sustainable housing scheme.
- Should western architects be taking on work in China? // Building Design;3/28/2008, Issue 1812, p9
The article provides the answers to a question on the importance of Western architects to work in China.
- NEST HOUSE, Disaster Areas Worldwide. // Architect;Jan2009, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p74
The article features the Nest House, Disaster Areas Worldwide, a project by the Naylor & Chu Architects and one of the awardees of the 56th annual P/A Awards.
- Codes will crack humdrum housing. Booth, Robert // Building Design;11/21/2003, Issue 1603, p8
Shares an author's view on the idea of introducing an architectural design code to architectures in Great Britain, with reference to the consensus of architectural opinion gathered. Purpose of the idea; Attributes and advantages of the code; Problems that will be addressed through implementing...