Trattamento conservativo e sopravvivenza in pazienti affetti da urotelioma vescicale T1G3. Quando proporlo e quando la cistectomia?
- Bladder Ca guidelines support BCG, mitomycin Tx. Overmyer, Mac // Urology Times;Dec99, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p1
Reports that intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin and mitomycin are the preferred therapies following removal of T1 and high-grade Ta bladder cancer tumors. Guidelines from the American Urological Association; Lack of optimal dosages recommended for intravesical therapy and immunotherapy.
- BCG. // Reactions Weekly;1/29/2011, Issue 1336, p10
The article describes the case of a 71-year-old man who presented with systemic granulomatous disease and syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone (SIADH) while receiving treatment with Bacillus Calmette GuÃ©rin (BCG) for bladder cancer.
- BCG. // Reactions Weekly;11/6/2010, Issue 1326, p10
The article describes the case of a 58-year-old man who developed granulomatous hepatitis while receiving treatment with Bacillus Calmette-GuÃ©rin (BCG) for superficial bladder carcinoma.
- BCG. // Reactions Weekly;1/22/2011, Issue 1335, p10
The article describes the case of a 65-year-old man who acquired sepsis while undergoing treatment with Bacillus Calmette-GuÃ©rin (BCG).
- BCG. // Reactions Weekly;1/22/2011, Issue 1335, p11
The article describes the case of a 78-year-old man who acquired systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) and granulomatous hepatitis while undergoing treatment with Bacillus Calmette-GuÃ©rin (BCG).
- Effective management of superficial bladder cancer. Lamm, Donald L. // Contemporary Urology;Feb2005 Supplement, Vol. 17, p1
Presents information on the use of the bacillus Calmette-Guï¿½rin (BCG) vaccine for the treatment of bladder cancer and carcinoma in situ. History of BCG immunotherapy; Comparison of the effectiveness of BCG with intravesical chemotherapy; Findings of a study of patients with bladder tumors...
- Efficacy and Safety of Bacille Calmette-Guerin Immunotherapy in Superficial Bladder Cancer. Lamm, Donald L. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/1/2000 Supplement 4, Vol. 31, pS86
Discusses the use of immunotherapy with intravesical bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccines as an effective alternative approach to chemotherapy in the management of superficial bladder cancer. Expected long-term reduction in tumor recurrence, tumor progression and cancer mortality; Decrease in...
- Mechanisms of Action of Intravesical Bacile Calmette-Guerin: Loca Immune Mechanisms. Prescott, Stephen; Jackson, Andrew M.; Hawkyard, Simon J.; Alexandroff, Anton B.; James, Keith // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/1/2000 Supplement 4, Vol. 31, pS91
Discusses how Bacille Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccination is associated with the development of antituberculosis immunity but not necessarily with antitumor immunity. Local immune response to mycobacteria; Animal studies showing that an intact host immune system is required for the antitumor...
- In Vitro Generation of Bacillus Calmette-Guerin-Activated Killer Cells. Brandau, S.; Bohle, A.; Thanhauser, A.; Ernst, M.; Mattern, T.; Ulmer, A.J.; Flad, H.-D. // Clinical Infectious Diseases;9/1/2000 Supplement 4, Vol. 31, pS94
Describes the induction of bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG)-activated killer (BAK) cells, which effectively lyse bladder tumor cells. Study of the immunostimulatory effects of BCG; Monoclonal antibodies that abolished BCG-mediated cytotoxicity; Beneficial effect of BCG on maintenance of the...