New bridge: No cars allowed
- Colorful parade. Kelly, Jim // Model Railroader;May99, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p47
Presents cable cars and trains from San Francisco, California painted to resemble designs from the 1930s.
- making tracks. Block, Katie // New Orleans Magazine;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p33
Reports on the project of the New Orleans government in Louisiana to return the streetcar operation in Canal Street by 2004.
- Waiting for a streetcar. Richard, Christine // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);01/31/2000, Vol. 20 Issue 32, p49
Reports on the proposed streetcar Canal Street line in New Orleans, Louisiana. Route of the planned streetcar; Boosting of tourism; Funding needs of the project.
- Building a Boston streetcar. Simon, Harvey J. // Model Railroader;Jan2000, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p100
Describes the building of a Boston railroad and streetcar models. Information on PCC available in the market; Components of the models; Parts of car construction; Performance tuning. INSETS: Parts list;Boston's PCCs, by George Sebastian-Coleman.
- Cable Cars Are City's Signature Item. // National Mortgage News;10/20/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p38
Features the cable cars of San Francisco, California. Powell-Hyde and Powell-Mason cable cars going from Market Street to the tourist area at Fisherman's Wharf; Streetcars such as the F-Market line; History of the cable and street cars; Operating hours; Transport fare.
- The pest and the brightest. Laborde, Errol // New Orleans Magazine;Jun99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p126
Narrates an interview with a streetcar caretaker in New Orleans, Louisiana. Revival of the streetcars; Features of the streetcars; Why streetcars do not have roaches.
- Philadelphia PCC cars return to Chestnut Hill. Sebree, G. Mac // Trains;Aug2002, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p33
Reports that the Rockhill Trolley Museum has sponsored an excursion on SEPTA's Germantown trolley line between Philadelphia's Georgetown depot and the northwest suburb of Chestnut Hill, Pennsylvania. History of line's streetcar service.
- City News in Brief. // Railway Gazette International;Nov2007, Vol. 163 Issue 11, p680
This section offers news briefs relevant to the railway industry. The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey will spend $500 million to install communications-based train control on the PATH metro network. Rhein-Neekar Verkehr, Germany placed an order with Bombardier for 19 low-floor trams. The...
- Drawing the line. C.L. // New Orleans Magazine;Sep98, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p31
Discloses the operations of the streetcars of Canal Street line in New Orleans, Louisiana. Availability of ride from the cemeteries at foot of Canal to Mint at Explanade without changing trolleys; Design; Terms of transportation trade-off between San Francisco, California and New Orleans.