Recession Affects Young People's Economic Attitudes
- THE RECESSION GENERATION. Foroohar, Rana; Guo, Jerry // Newsweek;1/18/2010, Vol. 155 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses the impact of the global financial crisis of 2008-2009 on young people. The National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) released a paper that reports a tough economic year in early adulthood may influence an individual's core values and behaviors. Research concerning jobs,...
- Beating Their Own Fashion Drum. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/8/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 94, p14
Highlights the results of a survey of 18- to 22-year-old shoppers' habits and preferences in the U.S. Young people's use of fashion as a form of self-expression; Popularity of T-shirts among the consumers.
- Marketing to generation X. Ritchie, Karen // American Demographics;Apr95, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p34
Focuses on the behavior of young adults in the United States as consumers. Effect of divorce, diversity and declining incomes; Preferences on advertisements; Role in the creation of stable marriages; Characteristics of buying decisions.
- Working under different rules. Freeman, Richard B. // NBER Reporter;Summer93, p1
Provides an overview of the National Bureau of Economic Research Inc.'s `Working Under Different Rules' project. Goals of the study; Rationale behind the focus on foreign labor markets; Findings of the study on wage inequality, worker training and representation, income maintenance, social...
- The economics of new products. // NBER Reporter;Summer94, p19
Focuses on `The Economics of New Products,' a Conference on Research in Income and Wealth of the United States National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) held on April 29 to 39 1994 in Williamsburg, Virginia. Presentation of papers.
- Monetary economics. Mankiw, N. Gregory // NBER Reporter;Fall95, p1
Focuses on the NBER Program in Monetary Economics. Founding history; Sponsorships; Research activities of program members; Research topics on effects of monetary policy, banks and the monetary transmission mechanism and short-run price adjustment.
- The NBER project on industrial technology and productivity. Jaffe, Adam B. // NBER Reporter;Spring96, p1
Reports on the National Bureau of Economic Research's (NBER) project on industrial technology and productivity. Individual research projects; Productivity and technology in manufacturing processes; Investment and the adoption of new technology; Organizations and organizational change; Employee...
- Economic fluctuations and growth. Hall, Robert E. // NBER Reporter;Fall96, p1
Focuses on the program of the United States National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) called the Program in Economic Fluctuations and Growth (EFG) wherein research activities take place in small groups working on specific topics. Nobel Memorial Prize in Economics won by Robert Lucas from the...
- Current Working Papers. // NBER Reporter;Winter99/2000, p57
Presents a list of working papers issued by the United States National Bureau of Economic Research since December 1999. `Does Inflation Targeting Increase Output Volatility?,' by Stephen G. Cecchetti and Michael Ehrmann; `Trade Creation and Trade Diversion Under NAFTA,' by Anne O. Krueger; `One...