Debendox and congenital malformations in Northern Ireland
- Conception and congenital abnormalities after chemotherapy of acute myelogenous leukemia in two men. // British Medical Journal;6/19/1976, Vol. 1 Issue 6024, p1508
Presents case reports on the congenital abnormalities after chemotherapy of acute myelogenous leukaemia. Efficacy of chemotherapy for malignant disease treatment; Complications on testicular and ovarian functioning; Examination of congenital abnormalities among offspring.
- Use of metronidazole and incidence of birth defects. // American Family Physician;1/1/1994, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p205
Focuses on the use of metronidazole and incidence of birth defects as studied by Piper and colleagues and reported in the September 1993 issue of `Obstetrics and Gynecology.' Concerns about teratogenicity; Lack of evidence to indicate birth defects as attributable to metronidazole.
- Effects of acyclovir on pregnancy outcome. // American Family Physician;1/1/1994, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p256
Summarizes a report on the effects of acyclovir on pregnancy outcome which appeared in the October 22, 1993 issue of the `Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.' Lack of indication of effects on newborn infants; Diseases treated by acyclovir.
- Phenytoin. // Reactions Weekly;10/19/2013, Issue 1474, p36
The article presents a case study of an 8-year-old girl who developed anonychia after phenytoin exposure in utero.
- ACNE CONTROL VS. BIRTH DEFECTS: Accutane spurs lawsuits, called thalidomide of the '80s. Blodgett, Nancy // ABA Journal;Jul88, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p17
Investigates claims that Accutane, a drug for acute acne, causes severe birth defects in the United States. Accusation that drug maker Roche Laboratories failed to provide warning of the drug's dangers; Recommendation to restrict drug distribution to young women; Allegation that the drug was...
- BeMORE: A Novel Method for Detection of Adverse Fetal Effects Induced by Drugs. Matok, Ilan; Levy, Amalia; Gorodischer, Rafael; Lunenfeld, Eitan; Limony, Yehuda; Koren, Gideon // Current Drug Safety;Feb2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p40
We describe a unique new collaboration which allows linkage of administrative databases in Southern Israel, and hence ascertain risk/safety of prescription drugs in pregnancy. The advantages of this system include availibilty of rigorous data confounders, solid data on maternal conditions for...
- New paroxetine pregnancy alert. Cressey, Daniel // Pulse;10/8/2005, Vol. 65 Issue 39, p7
Reports that GlaxoSmithKline PLC has issued a worldwide warning on the use of paroxetine after new research linked the drug to birth defects. Increase the risk of congenital malformation when used during the first trimester; Encouragement of physicians to exercise caution in using the drug in...
- How Safe is Acetaminophen and Pregnancy? Hobbins, John C. // OB/GYN Clinical Alert;Jun2008, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p14
A study evaluates whether acetaminophen, one of the most frequently used drugs among pregnant women, is associated with an increased prevalence of congenital abnormalities.
- Mycophenolate mofetil. // Reactions Weekly;9/15/2007, Issue 1169, p21
The article describes the case of multiple malformations found in a fetus who had been exposed in utero to mycophenolate mofetil (MMF). The 21-year-old mother had lupus nephritis and was receiving maintenance therapy with MMF 1,000 mg twice daily. She was discovered to be pregnant at 25 weeks'...