Tribeca kudos draw artists
- UNALTERED STATES. Koehler, Robert // Daily Variety;12/08/2000, Vol. 270 Issue 5, pA1
Reports that director-producer Sydney Pollack has received the Artists Rights Foundation's sixth annual John Huston Award. Reaction of Pollack to the award; Career history of Pollack.
- PRIZES. // Art Monthly;May2008, Issue 316, p17
The article announces several awards including Luke Fowler who received the Jarman Award, Emily Wardill who received the Follow Fluxus, and Omer Fast who received the Buksbaum Award.
- Jarman nominees' films head out on UK tour. I. M. // Art Newspaper;Sep2012, Issue 238, p56
The article announces the shortlisted winners of the Jarman Award for artists' films, including Marcus Coates, Shezad Dawood, and Aura Satz.
- Phoenix films critics name The Artist best movie of 2011. // Echo Magazine;1/5/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p47
The article announces several awards presented by the Phoenix Film Critics Society including Best Picture to the film "The Artist," Best Director to Michael Hazanavicius, and Best Actress to Elizabeth Olsen.
- ANDREA STAKA. Weissberg, Jay // Daily Variety;1/18/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 15, pA20
The article discusses on the efforts of director Andrea Staka for her films. The movie "Fraulein," directed by Staka was awarded Golden Leopard at Locarno. The documentary "Yugodivas," which was based on the immigration of a swiss community, earned great reputation. The collaborative work of...
- HIGH FIVE FOR HELMERS/ DGA noms all period pics, December bows. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;1/22/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the nominated film directors for the 55th annual Director's Guild of America awards in Los Angeles, California. List of nominees; Details on the motion pictures of the directors nominated for the award; Contenders that failed the cut.
- DGA UNVEILS PRESENTER LIST. McNary, Dave // Daily Variety;2/25/2003, Vol. 278 Issue 37, p36
Reports that seven Academy Award nominees have been tapped as presented for the Directors Guild of America awards ceremonies on March 1, 2003 at the Century Plaza in Los Angeles, California.
- Lenser org adds to Spielberg honors. Marx, Andy // Variety;1/31/94, Vol. 353 Issue 13, p17
Features Steven Spielberg as recipient of the American Society of Cinematographers' Board of Governors Award. Presentation at the society's Outstanding Achievement Awards dinner Feb. 27 at Beverly Hilton Hotel; Past recipients; ASC's celebration of 75th anniversary; Stone's impression of...
- From Russia, with admiration. // Hollywood Reporter;9/14/95, Vol. 338 Issue 49, p14
Presents a photograph of three American filmakers while holding the Firebird Awards given to them by the Russian American Cultural Exchange.