WÃ¤rtsilÃ¤ diesel service aims to be second to none
- POP GOES THE DIESEL. // Entrepreneur;Dec2002, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p54
Discusses technological advancements in diesel engines. Fuel economy; Improved performance; Reduced emissions.
- Dual-stage, VTG turbo for diesel V8. // Automotive Engineer;Jan2008, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p42
The article focuses on the BorgWarner's combination of regulated two-stage turbocharging with variable turbine geometry (VTG) technology on the PowerStroke 6.4-litre V8 diesel engine of International Engine. This dual system provides high boost pressures over a wide operating range. It consists...
- Ahead of the curve. // Pit & Quarry;Apr2002, Vol. 94 Issue 11, p22
Evaluates the CI-4 quality Mobil Delvac 1300 Super 15W-40 which features patented Trimer technology to provide engine oil performance in all heavy-duty commercial vehicle applications. Compatibility with conventional diesel engine technologies; Benefits from the product; Way to achieve CI-4...
- Banking on diesels. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Aug98, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p48
Focuses on diesel technology in the United States in the 1990s, while discussing the history of diesel engines for passenger cars in the US. Benefits of diesel technology; Projected increase in the worldwide diesel market; Comments from Robert Bosch GmbH's diesel fuel-injection systems; Impact...
- Bouncing of the diesel injector needle at the closing stage. Lee, J H; Cho, S; Lee, S Y; Bae, C // Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers -- Part D;Aug2002, Vol. 216 Issue 8, p691
An experiment has been performed to examine the phenomenon of the after-injection (secondary injection) of diesel fuel at the closing stage of needle motion in a single-spring diesel injector. A simplified analytical model has been proposed to describe needle bouncing. Needle bouncing was...
- Keep the Diesel. Schulz, John D. // Traffic World;12/11/2000, Vol. 264 Issue 11, p10
Discusses a study conducted by Charles Rivers Associates and released by the Diesel Technology Forum on the importance of diesel to U.S. transportation. Diesel engine's impact on the economic system; Efforts of the Environmental Protection Agency to toughen engine emission standards; Annual...
- U of I works to build better diesel sensor. // Prairie Farmer;Dec2010, p50
The article reports on the research that aims to develop new technologies to improve sensors used to monitor the quality of diesel fuel and biodiesel blended fuels during engine operations.
- DITCH DIRTY DIESEL. ALLEN, MARK // 4X4 Australia;Jan2015, Issue 372, p151
The article offers information on using the Diesel Care Fuel Manager Filtration system to take care of one's engine.
- Energy and Exergy Analysis of Brayton-Diesel Cycle. Sanjay; Agarwal, Mukul; Rajay // World Congress on Engineering 2009 (Volume 2);2009, p1580
In this work the energy and exergy analysis of a hybrid gas turbine cycle has been presented. The thermodynamic characteristic of Brayton-diesel cycle is considered in order to establish its importance to future power generation markets. Mathematical modeling of Brayton-diesel cycle has been...