- Saving scarred trees. // Australian Geographic;Jul-Sep96, Issue 43, p119
Reports on steps being taken by the New South Wales Roads and Traffic Authority to preserve trees that bear the scars of stone axes. Investigation of marks found on trees; Use of tree bark for making canoes and shields; Identification of scarred trees in the Parkes and Forbes shires.
- Aboriginal heritage, rare habitat bulldozed. Alcorn, Zane // Green Left Weekly;7/13/2011, Issue 886, p7
The article reports that the New South Wales (NSW) Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) has continued to build the Bulahdelah bypass, north of Newcastle, despite a community campaign to halt the project.
- EXIT CLUB QUOTES. Cadogan, John // Motor;Apr2002, p132
Reports the funding of a covert accident research project by the Roads and Traffic Authority in New South Wales. Participation of selected car dealers; Details of the project.
- Road safety. // Youth Studies;Feb90, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p7
Presents brief information about the survey conducted by the New South Wales (NSW) Road Traffic Authority about the attitudes of fast driving drivers in Sydney, NSW taken from the December 19, 1989 issue of Sydney Morning Herald.
- SYDNEY'S BIKE STRATEGY. // Australian Motorcycle News;7/22/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the Motorcycle and Scooter Strategy and Action Plan in Sydney, New South Wales (NSW) that was adopted on November 3, 2008. It notes that the plan was introduced as part of Sydney Council's Sustainable Sydney in 2030 strategy and aims to provide free, untimed motorcycle...
- HURT LOCKER. PARKER, CRAIG // Street Machine;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p14
The article reports on the Vehicle Safety and Compliance Certification Scheme (VSCCS) that is being advanced by the Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) in New South Wales as of October 2011. The scheme will replace the existing Engineering Certification Scheme (ECS). It cites the move by the...
- Agencies kept on their toes. Lloyd, Simon // BRW;5/25/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 20, p18
Focuses on the appointment of advertising agencies by the New South Wales Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) to work on the account and arrangement of advertising services panel. Selection of Clemenger BBDO, John Bevins Advertising and Saatchi & Saatchi for RTA brief; Lists of activities of...
- Spreading the load: The management of heritage timber truss bridges in the NSW road network. North, M. // Australian Journal of Multi-Disciplinary Engineering;2012, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p79
The use of timber in bridge construction was prevalent throughout NSW in the late 19th and early 20th centuries, leading the state to be dubbed the "Timber Truss Bridge State". Over the period c.1880-1930 over 400 timber truss bridges were constructed throughout the state, opening up traffic for...
- INTERCOAST FINED FOR OVERLOADING. // Diesel;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the 160,000 dollars fined by Intercoast Pty. Ltd. for overloading offences after being charged by the New South Wales (NSW) Roads and Traffic Authority (RTA) and convicted under Chain of Responsibility (CoR) laws.