National vessel survey administration standard realised
- An emphasis on safety and self-regulation. // Transportation & Distribution;May97, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p23
Discloses that shipping companies and maritime organizations are beginning to promote self regulation focusing on safety of crews and vessels in the United States. Recommendations to seriously consider homogeneous loading; Importance of training bulk carrier personnel.
- Event Spotlight. // Journal of Ocean Technology;Apr-Jul2012, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p105
The article focuses on the "Extreme Survival: Innovations in Training, Knowledge and Equipment," held during Ocean Innovation 2012 in St. John's Newfoundland on October 21, 24, 2012 which offered an opportunity to reflect on the advances and innovations in ocean safety and survival.
- More insurers supporting international safety code. Unsworth, Edwin // Business Insurance;09/28/98, Vol. 32 Issue 39, p14
Reports on the additional support the International Safety Management Code is getting from marine insurers. Speculation on whether all marine insures will support the code due to severe competition in the market; When the code went into effect; Types of vessels the code was designed for; Role...
- Digest. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Aug2002, p39
Presents news briefs related to dredging and marine safety as of August 2002. Features of a global positioning system paper plotter; Revamp of the web site of Maritime Safety International.
- Marine contractors address safety issues. // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;Aug2001, p4
Discusses the effort of the International Marine Contractors Association to raise the marine safety standards and improve the working environments for member companies and employees. Key factor in the safety efforts; Importance of reporting incidents resulting to injuries; How the incident...
- Coast Guard Announces Two National Centers of Expertise at WorkBoat Show. // Washington Letter of Oceanography;12/14/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 25, p3
The article announces the opening in New Orleans, Louisiana of the Investigation National Center of Expertise (INCOE) and in Morgan City, Louisiana of the Outer Continental Shelf National Center of Expertise (OCS NCOE). Both centers are aimed to capture the best practices of investigations and...
- Shipping forecast. Alalouff, Ron // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including "In Navigating the Marine Market," by Kim Williams and "Safe Passage," by Olaf Roschninski and Bernd Eilitz.
- Spotlight on safety and training. Davis, Hilary // DPC: Dredging & Port Construction;May2000, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p28
Reports on a number of safety measures and training options that are available to help the ports industry improve port marine safety worldwide. March 2000 launch of Great Marine's Port Marine Safety Code; Establishment of harbor safety committees in the United States; Vessel Traffic Services...
- NMSC conference program to deliver maritime safety flair. // Ausmarine;Apr2010, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p31
The article announces the National Marine Safety Conference to take place in August 2010 in Perth, Western Australia.