- Mediterranean massacre. Ellis, Richard // Ecologist;Oct2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p48
Discourages bluefin tuna fishing in the Mediterranean Region. Description of tuna fishing; Reference to the book "The Silent World," by Jacques Cousteau; State of tuna fishing industry in Sicily, Italy.
- TUNA FISHERIES AROUND THE WORLD. Safina, Carl // Ecologist;Oct2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p47
Describes regulatory measures against bluefin tuna fisheries worldwide. Western Atlantic bluefin; Eastern Atlantic bluefin; Southern bluefin.
- Get healthy in 2008: eat more seafood, experts attest. // Ausmarine;Feb2008, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p16
The article focuses on seafoods consumption in order to get healthy in the year 2008. The Australian link in worldwide researching and communicating information on health benefits of seafood, Mr. Roy Palmer, said that it is a health food capable of curing and avoiding health problems like...
- Japanese tuna thieves should be penalised. Baird, Neil // Ausmarine;Jan2010, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p5
The author expresses opinion on Japan's alleged over fishing of southern bluefin tuna which caused Australia's tuna fishers to be penalised and decrease its tuna allocation which allegedly did not obtain support from the government of Australia.
- Giants off the beach. Arrington, Joel // Salt Water Sportsman;Sep98, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p60
Presents information on deep-sea fishing for bluefin tuna off North Carolina's Cape Lookout. Reference to the catching of a 500-pound bluefin tuna; Experience of an individual in catching a bluefin tuna. INSET: New book on tuna trolling.
- Tremendous tuna! Reynolds, J. // Field & Stream;Aug91, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p57
Discusses bluefin tuna fishing in the waters off Prince Edward Island, where record-size tuna are routinely caught. Gives information on trip planning.
- Bluefin or Bust. // Salt Water Sportsman;Apr2008, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p46
A photograph of surface-breaking bluefin tuna in the Gulf of Maine is presented.
- Welcome Back BLUEFINS. Law, Glenn // Salt Water Sportsman;Jun2010, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p44
The article offers information on the season for school bluefin tuna in the Mud Hole of New Jersey from June through the early fall of 2010.
- Bye-Bye Bycatch. CUNNINGHAM, RIP // Salt Water Sportsman;Nov2010, Vol. 71 Issue 11, p29
The article presents the author's comments on the need to protect the species of bluefin tuna, in the Gulf of Mexico.