Neutropenia during allopurinol treatment in total therapeutic starvation
- EFFECT OF DRYNESS AND STARVATION ON SOME BIOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF THE BROWN GARDEN LAND SNAILS EOBAANIA VERMACULATA. MOHAMED, GHADA R.; KESHTA, T. M. S.; ABO-HASHEM, A. A. M. // Egyptian Journal of Agricultural Research;2014, Vol. 92 Issue 2, p467
The effect of dryness and different periods of starvation on E.vermeculata were studied. Results revealed that famine and dryness affect on the weight and mortality of all stages of this snail particularly three months stage, while adults were the most support to these factors. Data indicated...
- Safety and toxicity of amphotericin B in glucose 5% or intralipid 20% in neutropenic... Schoffski, Patrick; Freund, Mathias; Wunder, R.; Peterson, D.; Köhne, C. H.; Hecker, H.; Schubert, U.; Ganser, A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/08/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7155, p379
Presents information on a study which compares the treatment, safety and toxicity of amphotericin B in glucose or intralipid, in neutropenic patients with pneumonia of fever of unknown origin. Number of patients who participated in the study; Methodology used to conduct the study; Discussion...
- Outbreak of coagulase negative staphylococcus highly resistant to ciprofloxacin in a leukaemia unit . Oppenheim, B.A.; Hartley, J.W.; Lee, W.; Burnie, J.P // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/29/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6694, p294
Examines the outbreak strain of coagulase negative staphylococcus highly resistant to ciprofloxacin. Role of coagulase negative staphylococci in the development of septicaemia; Use of the radiometric system in examining blood samples from neutropenic patients; Method used in isolates typing.
- Optimisation of Vancomycin Regimen in Neutropenic Haematological Patients with Normal Renal Function: Multiple Daily Doses May Be Preferable. Pea, F.; Poz, D.; Baraldo, M.; Furlanut, M. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p213
Objective: To assess the appropriateness, on a pharmacokinetic basis, of a twice-daily regimen of vancomycin 1g in neutropenic patients with normal renal function, a regimen frequently used in the empirical treatment of this patient group. The study also used a Bayesian pharmacokinetic approach...
- Management of infection in the neutropenic patient. Marcus, Robert E.; Goldman, John M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/16/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6544, p406
Examines the management of infection in the neutropenic patient in Great Britain. Effects of combinational damage to membranes and suppression of residual hematopoiesis to patients; Attempts of reducing infection in neutropenic patients using sterile diet and protective isolation; Alterations...
- Cyclic neutropenia. Keshwara, K.; Zanganah, Y. // British Dental Journal;3/12/2011, Vol. 210 Issue 5, p197
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses a case of a 5-year-old patient who had suffered from recurrent oral ulceration and undergone a diagnosis for cyclic neutropenia.
- Lingual cellulitus causing upper airways obsctruction in neutropenic patients. Smith, O.P.; Prentice, H.G.; Madden, G.M.; Nazareth, B. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/6/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6716, p24
Examines the effect of lingual cellulitis on neutropenic patients. Symptoms of infection; Obstruction of airways; Need for emergency insertion of laryngatory tube.
- Soft-tissue images. Ecthyma gangrenosum: a deceptively benign lesion in febrile neutropenia. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Oct2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p333
Presents a case of a patient with ecthyma gangrenosum. Development of necrosis around the lesion; Evidence of superficial subcutaneous fat layer above Scarpa's fascia; Occurrence of ecthyma gangrenosum in neutropenic patients.
- Methotrexate/vinblastine. // Reactions Weekly;8/4/2012, Issue 1413, p33
The article describes the case of an infant with infantile myofibromatosis who developed neutropenia and anemia during treatment with methotrexate and vinblastine.