Neutropenia during allopurinol treatment in total therapeutic starvation
- Reply to ï¿½ Bruserud: Increases of sICAM-1 in neutropenic fever. S�dhoff, T; Wehmeier, A // Leukemia (08876924);Sep97, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1597
Analyzes the increase in serum levels of soluble ICAM-1 in neutropenic fever in patients with leukemia. Effects of increase in levels of soluble ICAM-1; Risk factors associated with neutropenic fever.
- Lingual cellulitus causing upper airways obsctruction in neutropenic patients. Smith, O.P.; Prentice, H.G.; Madden, G.M.; Nazareth, B. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);1/6/90, Vol. 300 Issue 6716, p24
Examines the effect of lingual cellulitis on neutropenic patients. Symptoms of infection; Obstruction of airways; Need for emergency insertion of laryngatory tube.
- Safety and toxicity of amphotericin B in glucose 5% or intralipid 20% in neutropenic... Schoffski, Patrick; Freund, Mathias; Wunder, R.; Peterson, D.; K�hne, C. H.; Hecker, H.; Schubert, U.; Ganser, A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/08/98, Vol. 317 Issue 7155, p379
Presents information on a study which compares the treatment, safety and toxicity of amphotericin B in glucose or intralipid, in neutropenic patients with pneumonia of fever of unknown origin. Number of patients who participated in the study; Methodology used to conduct the study; Discussion...
- Outbreak of coagulase negative staphylococcus highly resistant to ciprofloxacin in a leukaemia unit . Oppenheim, B.A.; Hartley, J.W.; Lee, W.; Burnie, J.P // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);7/29/89, Vol. 298 Issue 6694, p294
Examines the outbreak strain of coagulase negative staphylococcus highly resistant to ciprofloxacin. Role of coagulase negative staphylococci in the development of septicaemia; Use of the radiometric system in examining blood samples from neutropenic patients; Method used in isolates typing.
- Optimisation of Vancomycin Regimen in Neutropenic Haematological Patients with Normal Renal Function: Multiple Daily Doses May Be Preferable. Pea, F.; Poz, D.; Baraldo, M.; Furlanut, M. // Clinical Drug Investigation;2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p213
Objective: To assess the appropriateness, on a pharmacokinetic basis, of a twice-daily regimen of vancomycin 1g in neutropenic patients with normal renal function, a regimen frequently used in the empirical treatment of this patient group. The study also used a Bayesian pharmacokinetic approach...
- Soft-tissue images. Ecthyma gangrenosum: a deceptively benign lesion in febrile neutropenia. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Oct2001, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p333
Presents a case of a patient with ecthyma gangrenosum. Development of necrosis around the lesion; Evidence of superficial subcutaneous fat layer above Scarpa's fascia; Occurrence of ecthyma gangrenosum in neutropenic patients.
- Cyclic neutropenia. Keshwara, K.; Zanganah, Y. // British Dental Journal;3/12/2011, Vol. 210 Issue 5, p197
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses a case of a 5-year-old patient who had suffered from recurrent oral ulceration and undergone a diagnosis for cyclic neutropenia.
- Management of infection in the neutropenic patient. Marcus, Robert E.; Goldman, John M. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);8/16/1986, Vol. 293 Issue 6544, p406
Examines the management of infection in the neutropenic patient in Great Britain. Effects of combinational damage to membranes and suppression of residual hematopoiesis to patients; Attempts of reducing infection in neutropenic patients using sterile diet and protective isolation; Alterations...
- Methotrexate/vinblastine. // Reactions Weekly;8/4/2012, Issue 1413, p33
The article describes the case of an infant with infantile myofibromatosis who developed neutropenia and anemia during treatment with methotrexate and vinblastine.