- Maintaining Non-Medical Grade Equipment in a Patient Environment. Nielsen, Ray // Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p373
Offers ideas on preventing chassis leakage in a non-medical grade equipment used in a patient environment. Factors that should be considered in purchasing medical equipment; Application of isolation transformers in non-medical grade equipment; Causes of chassis leakage.
- The Future of Testing? // Diabetes Interview;Apr2004, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p40
Looks into noninvasive glucose monitor prototypes in their various stages of development. Pendra from Pendragon Medical; Sensys Glucose Tracking System from Sensys Medical; Glucon Solution from Glucon; SugarTrac from LifeTrac Systems Inc.
- Continuing Education Test #736. // RN;Jun2004, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p64
Features the addition of a bar code technology to Press-Mate Prodigy, a noninvasive vital signs monitor developed by Colin Medical Instruments Corp. Usability of the product; Distinct features of the product; Contact information.
- Electrocardiographic patch devices and contemporary wireless cardiac monitoring. Erik Fung; Järvelin, Marjo-Riitta; Doshi, Rahul N.; Shinbane, Jerold S.; Carlson, Steven K.; Grazette, Luanda P.; Philip M. Chang; Sangha, Rajbir S.; Huikuri, Heikki V.; Peters, Nicholas S. // Frontiers in Physiology;May2015, Vol. 6, p1
Cardiac electrophysiologic derangements often coexist with disorders of the circulatory system. Capturing and diagnosing arrhythmias and conduction system disease may lead to a change in diagnosis, clinical management and patient outcomes. Standard 12-lead electrocardiogram (ECG), Holter...
- Cordless fetal transducer makes monitored moms more mobile. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Jun2003, Vol. 48 Issue 6, p86
Introduces the Avalon CTS Cordless Fetal Transducer System from Philips Medical Systems. Features; Benefits; Web site.
- Bedside monitors. // RN;Jan2004, Vol. 67 Issue 1, p59
Looks at stationary and portable bedside vital sign monitors. Dash 3000 Pro; Escort M6, M8, M10, and M12; Propaq CS; Dash 4000 Pro; Passport 2; Spectrum; Ultraview 1700; 8100 Post Plus.
- Smart Home Care. Voss, David // Technology Review;Sep2001, Vol. 104 Issue 7, p31
Reports on diagnostic and home medical devices developed by several companies. Factors that push companies to develop remote sensing technology for health-care and lifestyle monitoring; Early detection; Inexpensive and consumer-friendly devices; Smart medical devices launched by various companies.
- Sensaris seeks certification for ZAO monitor. // Medical Device Daily;3/27/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 59, p7
This article reports that a multi-sensor device for monitoring vital signs, called ZAO, developed by Sensaris, is going through the certification process and will be available in mid-2013.
- NEW PRODUCTS. // RN;Oct2002, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p78
Features several products for use in nursing and patient monitoring. Non-latex REP Band resistive exercise bands from Magister Corp.; Allon System thermoregulation device from Advanced Technologies Ltd.; CleanOp CJD Pack, an infection control pack from Microtek Medical.