- gauze. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p935
An encyclopedia entry for "gauze," which refers to a thin, woven muslin or similar material used for bandages and surgical sponges, is presented.
- scapulary. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p2076
A definition of the medical term "scapulary," is presented, which refers to the shoulder bandage that keeps the body bandage in place.
- Back home, former Army medic still saves lives. // Business North Carolina;Dec2011 Mid-Market Fast 40, p7
The article features Fayetteville, North Carolina-based Combat Medical Systems LLC founded by Corey Russ that specializes in developing products to simplify medical treatment for the military. Its first military contract was for a gauze treated with blood-staunching chemical. Other Combat...
- New Products. // RN;Nov2005, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p32ac4
Evaluates medical instruments and supplies. MicroFuse Syringe Infusion System specialty infusion sets from Baxa; GlucaGen HypoKit diabetic emergency kit from Novo Nordisk; Apex gauze bandage from DeRoyal.
- Vendor Spotlight. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Sep2005, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p64
Evaluates several medical products. DUKAL Rolled Gauze woven cotton bandage from DUKAL Corp.; Curlin 4000 CMS Ambulatory Infusion System from B. Braun; AQUASONIC 100 Ultrasound Transmission Gel from Parker Laboratories; SpeedLock Laparoscopic Instrumentation from Mobile Instrument.
- MEDICAL SUPERVISION. Donaldson, Doug // Better Homes & Gardens;Mar2008, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p64
The article offers tips to organize medical supplies in the house. First is to keep first-aid ointments, bandages, and medicine items like aspirin in covered plastic container. Second is to sort through the supplies seasonally, throwing away expired items. Third is to place a lock on the cabinet...
- New products. Johnsen, Michael // Drug Store News;1/21/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p39
Presents several health products. Nexcare adhesive bandages from Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing Co.; Tioconazole ointment and migraine-strength pain relievers from Perrigo; Supplifem from Pharmaton.
- TECHFocus: BLOOD GAS ANALYSIS. // RT: The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners;Aug2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p12
The article evaluates several medical laboratory instruments including GEMÂ® Premierâ„¢ 4000 critical care analyzer from Instrumentation Laboratory, OPTI CCA-TS analyzer from Opti Medical Systems Inc., and SAFE-T-FILLÂ® blood gas capillary tubes from Ram Scientific.
- Blood Gas Analysis. // RT: The Journal for Respiratory Care Practitioners;May2011, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p26
The article offers brief information on several blood gas analysis equipment including Staff Profile pHOX line of blood gas/critical care analyzers from Nova Biomedical Corp., ABL90 FLEX compact blood gas analyzer from Radiometer Ltd., and cobas b 221 blood gas system from Roche Diagnostics AG.