- New Products. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2006, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p75
The article presents information on several medical products, including the Derma Prene PI surgical gloves from Ansell Healthcare, the Cloderm Cream from Coria Laboratories, and the Q-Care Oral Cleansing and Suctioning Systems from Sage Products.
- PRODUCTS & SERVICES. // Healthcare Purchasing News;Jun2001, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p22
Introduces several medical equipment in the U.S. as of June 2001. Biogel Indicator Underglove from the company Regent Medical; Intravenous poles from the company Health Care Logistics; Bioclusive transparent dressings from Johnson & Johnson Inc.
- Tips & Solutions. Fox, Brent; Ahlquist, Travis; Conn, Calvin R.; Rowles, Brian // Biomedical Instrumentation & Technology;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p257
Presents answers to queries on biomedical equipment and supplies. Information on the testing of automatic external defibrillators; Percentage of service request per month for intravenous pumps
- New Products. // RN;Nov2005, Vol. 68 Issue 11, p32ac4
Evaluates medical instruments and supplies. MicroFuse Syringe Infusion System specialty infusion sets from Baxa; GlucaGen HypoKit diabetic emergency kit from Novo Nordisk; Apex gauze bandage from DeRoyal.
- Kaiser Permanente pulls plug on PVC bags. Verespej, Mike // Plastics News;1/30/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p0015
The article focuses on the announcement that health care provider Kaiser Permanente will only purchase intravenous-solution bags and intravenous tubing that do not contain polyvinyl chloride (PVC) or Bis(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP). Information is provided on how the hospital implemented the...
- NURSE DEVELOPS ASSESSMENT TOOLS. // Lamp;2009, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p11
The article offers information on the Venous Assessment Tool (VAT) and the Deciding on Intravenous Access (DIVA) assessment tools developed by nurse Sara Wells.
- IV system. // Professional Safety;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p57
Features Ivac Medical Systems Inc.'s SmartSite needleless intravenous infusion system.
- UM group goes off on tangent to develop safer IV system. FORD, OMAR // Medical Device Daily;6/29/2010, Vol. 14 Issue 124, p1
This article reports on the development of the Novacath peripheral intravenous (IV) system by Tangent Medical Technologies, a company spawned by the University of Michigan (UM) Medical Innovation Center at Ann Arbor. It was noted that the device will reduce the hassle and high complication rates...
- New Products. // RN;Sep2006, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p28hf1
The article evaluates various medical products and supplies including the 2-in-1 SleepSack Swaddle by Halo Innovations, VisIV flexible intravenous bag from Hospira and the CALM Shoulder Screen, a software program designed to help clinicians assess a woman's risk of delivering a baby boy who will...