- Benefits of 0.025' guidewires for ERCP. Diehl, David // Surgical Endoscopy;Jul2014, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p2243
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A prospective randomized study of thin versus regular-sized guide wire in wire-guided cannulation" by J. Halttunen and L. KylÃ¤npÃ¤Ã¤.
- intracath. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary;2005, p1132
A definition of the medical term "intracath" is presented. Intracath is a device for facilitating the introduction of an intravenous catheter. An inflexible needle is surrounded by a catheter. The device allows the catheter to be inserted further in the vein. Furthermore, the traditional...
- Product Briefs. // Medical Device Daily;5/9/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 90, p10
The article offers information on several medical devices including the Panther automated and integrated molecular testing platform from Gen-Probe, the dermaPACE device for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers from Sanuwave Health, and the CorPath 200 System for performing percutaneous coronary...
- Case Report A Novel and Easy Technique to Remove Stitched Urethral Foley Catheter after Radical Retropubic Prostatectomy. Hamit Ersoy; Levent Sagnak; Ugur Ozok; Nihat Karakoyunlu // Journal of Endourology;Aug2008, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p1721
The inability to remove a urethral catheter because of inadvertent stitching or entrapped sutures after radical retropubic prostatectomy is rarely reported in the literature. Various methods are recommended to solve this problem. Here, we discuss a method developed by using a pediatric optical...
- DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF A VEIN ASSESSMENT TOOL (VAT). Webster, Joan; Morris, Helen-Louise; Robinson, Katharine; Sanderson, Ursula // Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing;Jun-Aug2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p5
The article presents a study on the validity and the inter-rater reliability of the vein assessment tool (VAT), which classifies veins according to their level of intravenous insertion difficulty. The results of the study showed that 15 nurses made 125 independent assessments, with a mean...
- PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENTS. // Happi: Household & Personal Products Industry;Feb2011, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p92
The article offers brief information on medical device-related products, including the swagging equipment MBS-200 from Interface Catheter Solutions, Submillimeter Optical Windows from Bern Optics Inc., and a sensor film Thermex from Sensor Products Inc.
- The Suruneo IV cannula. Matthew, John // British Journal of Perioperative Nursing;Mar2004, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p94
Features the Suruneo intravenous cannula designed for neonates, developed by Blackwell Supplies. Specifications; Availability.
- Care and management of patients with skin-tunnelled catheters. Green, Julie // Nursing Standard;6/25/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p41
Central venous access devices (CVADs) are used in secondary and, increasingly, primary care settings to provide access to the central circulation. Skin-tunnelled catheters (STCs) are frequently used as the vascular access device of choice, particularly for patients receiving chemotherapy and for...
- ATEK Medical, A Vention Medical Company. // Medical Product Outsourcing;Dec2011 Outsourcing Directory, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p14
The article profiles ATEK Medical, a Grand Rapids, Michigan-based solutions provider for medical device and biotechnology markets. It says that the company has developed more than 400 products and specializes in product management. It states that the company offers various services including...