Options for Advanced Education
- NT INTRODUCES NURSE PRACTITIONER DEGREE. // Lamp;2009, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on a 2009 announcement from Charles Darwin University and the government of Australia's Northern Territory. The announcement indicated that there had been a new Master of Health Practice (Nurse Practitioner) degree created which was designed specifically to assist practising...
- Oops…we made a mistake. // New Zealand Doctor;10/8/2008, p4
Corrections to the articles "Chief nurse makes inflammatory claim" and the 24 Hour Surgery in Christchurch, both published in the September 24, 2008 issue are presented.
- Advanced Nurse Practitioner learning programme. Brookes, Dawn // Work Based Learning in Primary Care;Jun2005, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p110
This brief subjective account sets out how one PCT has begun the implementation of case management for people with long-term conditions. The paper describes how work-based learning has been used in order to meet the learning needs of advanced nurse practitioners. There is also some discussion...
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Education and the Management of HCV. Johnson, Ruth W.; Holman-Speight, Tracy // ABNF Journal;May/Jun2005, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p60
In this article, the authors discuss the consequences of the 911 attack on the United States and the concomitant increase in the noted prevalence of Hepatitis C Virus due to the presence of the virus in the blood donors. The authors discuss the background and consequences of infection with the...
- NURSE CLINICIAN CERTIFICATION. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Sep2004, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p29
Reports on the invitation for nurses to apply for certification as nurse clinician. Focus of the credentialing process on expertise within an area of practice; Criteria for nurse clinician; Cost of the application.
- Implications of Doctorate in Nursing Practice - Still Many Unresolved Issues for Nurse Practitioners. Otterness, Sara // Nephrology Nursing Journal;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p685
The article focuses on the issue regarding the implications of the Doctorate in Nursing Practice, a suggested practice degree to prepare nurse practitioners (NPs) to assume full leadership roles in clinical practice, clinical teaching and research applications. The degree implies that NPs will...
- NEW NEONATALNURSE PRACTITIONER ENDORSED. // Kai Tiaki Nursing New Zealand;Oct2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the endorsement of nurse practitioner Lee Carpenter, a neonatal nurse from Waikato District Health Board in New Zealand. Her application was approved by the Nursing Council after complying the recommended clinical master's program at Massey University. She is grateful for...
- Want to spend more time interacting with patients? // Patient Education Management;Feb2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p21
The article presents information on the case managers and guided care nurses in the U.S.
- CE questions. // Case Management Advisor;Jun2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p72
A quiz about case management nursing is presented.