BBC Experience to close down
- Media choice. Beale, Claire // Campaign;11/21/97, Issue 47, p18
Features a poster erected on the Marylebone Road in London, England to launch `BBC Experience,' a new interactive exhibition based at Broadcasting House. Description of the poster; Media planner; Advertising agency that created the advertisement.
- Warner Launches TV Retrospective, 'Friends' Blu-ray Set. TRIBBEY, CHRIS // Home Media Magazine;8/6/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 31, p13
The article offers information on the interactive multimedia exhibit "Television: Out of the Box" at the Paley Center for Media in Beverly Hills, California.
- Multimedia firms test wares at Epcot. Traiman, Steve // Billboard;9/3/94, Vol. 106 Issue 36, p72
Reports on the introduction of key multimedia hardware and software products at the new Innoventions interactive multimedia pavilion in Orlando, Florida's Epcot Center. Participation of sponsors; Features and special attractions for visitors; Products from various multimedia companies like...
- Online hybrid pops into view. Clark, Tim; Johnson, Bradley // Advertising Age;4/25/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 18, p44
Reports on the 1994 New Media Expo, an interactive market trade show in Los Angeles, California. Ziff-Davis Interactive's Microsoft Baseball, an encyclopedic array of baseball statistics, video and sound; America Online President and CEO Stephen Case's observation on the increase of databases,...
- Client/server pushes IS to implement multimedia. Schroeder, Erica // PC Week;8/29/94, Vol. 11 Issue 34, p53
Cites some of the issues addressed at the Interactive Services trade show in Washington on August 1994. Implementation of multimedia over local area and wide area networks; Multimedia elements considered; Multimedia as a cost-effective avenue for development.
- CES cancels 1st attempt at interactive show. // Billboard;10/15/94, Vol. 106 Issue 42, p6
Reports that CES Interactive canceled its interactive trade show in 1995. Rival Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3); CES as an outgrowth of the former Summer Consumer Electronics Show; Both trade shows dedicated to the interactive industry; Victory for E3; Trade shows' membership.
- Next best thing to space mountain. Dziatkiewicz, Mark // America's Network;11/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 22, p78
Focuses on broadband interactive products and architectures that were featured in the Western Cable Show held on November 30-December 2, 1994 at the Anaheim Convention Center in California. Includes broadband networks from General Instrument; Network solutions from Antec products group;...
- Electronic Art Carny. Burr, Ty // Entertainment Weekly;7/15/94, Issue 231, p66
Asserts that future chic was a trend manifest at the Interactive Media Festival. Discussion of the technological artworks that were featured at this event; Celebrities who are enamored with interactive media. INSETS: What fresh `hell' is this?, by George Mannes;Goal-oriented, by Ken Neville.
- A fair to remember. Neville, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;6/30/95 - 7/7/95, Issue 281/282, p103
Reports on the 1995 Interactive Media Festival in Los Angeles, California. Innovations in digital technology; Projects showcased.